WOMB is a breakdown of thoughts gestating at UC Berkeley as revealed through the Livejournal community.

Today’s opening of Chipotle has sent shockwaves through the community for the past two days. Besides distracting the Livejournal community from its usual banalities of tests, professors, and the classes for which professors give tests, Chipotle has set a new record for most ridiculous line in Berkeley.

EB Games mustered 19 people on the morning the PS3 was released. Chipotle mustered more than an estimated 100 with a line that stretched down Telegraph, past the Bank of America, and around the corner as of 12:15 p.m. For a free burrito. Meanwhile, the line at La Burrita didn’t stretch out the door.

In order to expedite the removal of independent businesses from Southside, The Daily Clog has compiled a list of chain businesses for which the community should patronize exclusively after the jump.

# Urban Outfitters
# Carvel
# EB Games
# Peet’s Coffee (2 locations!)
# Hot Topic
# Noah’s Bagels
# Wells Fargo
# Adidas
# Mrs. Fields
# Jamba Juice
# American Apparel
# Bank of America
# Quizno’s
# Subway
# Walgreens (coming soon!)
# Starbucks (a future possibility!)

Was your burrito worth it? Tell us at “[email protected]”:mailto:[email protected]

Earlier: What’s on the Mind of Berkeley: Post Election Day Edition

hey there and thank you for your information – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon..