If the information is correct, it appears that one of the following will be representing YOU as ASUC president next year. We’ve taken the occasion to point out some vital factors that will definitely affect “the issues” that rock the typical ASUC elections.

Travis Garcia (Independent) is that guy who was on the Daily Cal’s front page for starting the gay fraternity. We’re not sure how voting for him gets a lime in our Coronas, but the posters are an improvement for not having the word DONE anywhere on them. And then there’s the Web site, but that’ll have to wait.

Ilana Nankin (Student Action) is one of the most popular candidates with 1,724 very close friends at Berkeley. Her feet must be really tired from all the people she had to walk to class last year to earn her current senate seat. She is well within the Student Action safe space as a Greek.

Justin Azadivar (BEARS-United): A man who strives for a lot, Mr. Beetle Beat is running for all five executive seats simultaneously. But there’s more to it than a defunct party name and loads of ambition. An ardent follower of the Judicial Council, you bet he’ll make more suits this season than the Men’s Warehouse. With drama in the making, we’re all over the movie-rights possibilities.

Dimitri Garcia (Defend Affirmative Action Party): The second but no less Garcia on the ballot, he is also a current senator. We couldn’t find a DAAP Web site or even a decent Facebook group calling into question how strongly Dimitri Garcia truly believes his favorite quote:

bq. “To communicate with the youth, you must first learn their language.”

Eric Marshall (University Progress) is the greenest candidate we’ve seen in a while. Despite his political career launch via Facebook. Judging from his March Madness bracket percentage, he’s right about 70.83% of the time when the going is easy. That might be the best reason to vote for any candidate.

Joe Rothberg (SQUELCH!): There’s nothing worse than a SQUELCH! candidate that is serious about his or her campaign and/or isn’t funny in the process. But Rothberg’s consideration for the serious Solicitor General position in October revealed:

bq. He did not have any intention of actually attempting to be a Senator and he basically ran under the pretext that he had served in nine foreign wars and was a professional puppy saver from burning buildings, and just wanted the T-shirt.

As for this time around, we’re left to ponder: Is he or isn’t he?

Van Nguyen (CalSERVE) not only is the tallest member of the CalSERVE executive slate but also stands with a party that doesn’t update its website. Now imagine the ASUC not updating itself…its bylaws perhaps.