One Boalt student didn’t distinguish himself at Berkeley. Instead, he jolted UC Hastings School of Law and an online law school community.

On Wednesday, a user named “Trustafarian” posted a dark crack and innapropriate comment on AutoAdmit.com, a law school discussion board. He started a thread called “Just decided not to do a murder-suicide copycat at Hastings Law” in reference to Monday’s shooting at Virginia Tech. Before he edited it, his initial comment read:

I went to bed all set for “Bloody Wednesday,” but when I woke — to sun, to flowers in bloom — I just couldn’t bring myself to suit up.

Maybe tomorrow; I hear rain’s in the forecast.

Hastings, located in nearby San Francisco, took the threat seriously. The school shut down and students evacuated their classrooms on Wednesday.

Investigators found the comment to be a hoax, but Boalt isn’t laughing. Dean Christopher Edley said in an email:

Quickly on the heels of (the criminal investigation) and regardless of its outcome, we at Boalt will consider what disciplinary proceedings might be appropriate. Of course, we are also consulting with mental health professionals.”

The founder of the discussion board put the FBI in contact with the alleged poster, but no name has been released. The FBI and the San Francisco Police Department are currently looking into criminal charges.

The commenter seriously fucked up, and now he or she could get real law experience, acting as the accused and as the defense. Trustafarian, now you can finally use your Boalt education…by defending yourself at Boalt.

If it were up to us, though, you’re already guilty of being a douche.

Boalt student posted fake threat to Hastings [SF Chronicle]
Earlier: Virginia Tech Struck by Tragedy

Loyola2L said:

the question is whether this guy had a firm job lined up for this summer, and if so, whether they’ll reopen the interview process, or just make an offer to the guy who came in behind him. If any of you know where he was working, i’d appreciate a heads up so i can fire off an application.

dieta para gestante said:

I would like to begin my own personal website. Any kind of spots I’ll achieve this for nothing by using minimal advertisements with them? Or simply many absolutely free destinations currently have lots of advertising and marketing?.