The theme of this week is bad shit going down in the units, including pissing in public. Dear readers, it’s a wild world. The residence halls are no exception.

Friday, April 13, 2007

12:04 a.m., Unit-3: 19-year-old male student reports being threatened about a money debt.

Loan-sharking in the units? Sketchalicious. Unit-3 would be our first choice too.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

1:55 a.m., Unit 3-Spensblack: Officer speaks to 21-year-old male UC Berkeley student about urinating in public.

We have a burning question, which will likely remain unanswered. Did the officer make the student stop his micturition effort mid-stream?

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

4:54 p.m., Unit 1-Christian Hall restroom: Male student, 21, reports theft of cell phone. Phone subsequently recovered, and 19-year-old male non-student arrested at Unit 1 on suspicion of possession of stolen property and trespassing. An 18-year-old male non-student was cited on suspicion of trespassing at the same location.

As we’ve said, unsavory people do sometimes get into the residential halls. Remember, if a thief can steal something from a bathroom, they can also get into an unlocked dorm.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

8:41 p.m., Free Speech Movement Cafe: 25-year-old male non-student arrested on suspicion of disturbing the peace, battery and violation of probation. Suspect booked at Berkeley Jail and excluded from campus for seven days.

Unfortunately for this person, the freedom to beat up others and violate one’s probation was not a goal of the Free Speech Movement. And talk about burn! UC police saw fit to give this man the sting of a ban from campus, as if arrest wasn’t enough.

PoLo is compiled from the UC Police Department’s online Daily Activity Bulletin.

Earlier: PoLo: Couple Gets Their Sexy on Outside Chancellor’s Pad