Three rounds of the NFL Draft has come and gone. That’s 99 different college football players that have been chosen, including “compensatory picks” given at the end of round three.

And of those 99 college football players, three of them played in our backyard.

As mentioned earlier, Marshawn Lynch went to the Buffalo Bills with the 12th overall pick in this year’s draft.

Defensive tackle Brandon Mebane was drafted by Seattle with the 85th pick overall.

The third Cal player to be taken was Daymeion “I Can Intercept a Nuclear Missile”. Hughes. The Super Bowl champs, the Colts, nabbed Hughes with 95th overall pick in the draft.

These are all good fits for all three players. Lynch should be an automatic start with Buffalo. Mebane will get playing time in the attacking Seahawks defense. And Hughes, whose draft stock took a major hit after running a horrible 4.65 in the 40 in this year’s NFL combine, should be perfect for Tony Dungy’s cover 2 system.

An even more interesting note is who the Bills drafted in the third round to go along with Lynch. It was none other than often-injured Stanfurd quarterback Trent Edwards.

Now, we think Trent’s a good guy. But will Lynch and Edwards be able to put their differences aside?

Our answer: It should be simple, since Trent won’t see playing time and Marshawn will. It’s guaranteed.

Seahawks wait, choose small, fast CB/KR Josh Wilson and DT Brandon Mebane [CBC]
Colts grab corner in third round [Scout.com]
Earlier: “Lynch Going To Bring the Hyphy to Buffalo

car mats said:

The invisible hand of the market always moves faster and better than the heavy hand of government. …

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to rea…

camsex said:

Me wanted to say that is in my best blog list on #1 place, This is again an super interesting post Cheers camsex

Kaci Prinzivalli said:

Hi!
I’m extremely amusedby your great blog Will surely return to your blog again.
God bless yahoo for pointing me here.

roof racks for cars said:

{Hello|Hey|Hi} there, {You have|You’ve} done {a great|an excellent|a fantastic|an incredible} job. {I will|I’ll} {definitely|certainly} digg it and personally {recommend|suggest} to my friends. {I am|I’m} {sure|confident} {they will|they’ll} be b…

Be gentle to all and stern with yourself. …