The most awesome college football show is coming to Berkeley for the first time ever!

When the Cal kickoffs the 2007 season against Tennessee, not only will it be ABC’s first primetime college football game of the season, but it will also be Gameday’s first locale of the year.

The two hour-long pregame show has selected the Bears-Vols matchup for its first show of the season.

If there is ever a chance for Cal and its fans to show the country how far this program has come under uber-coach Jeff Tedford, September 1 will be that day. The campus will be on T.V. twice that day, broadcasting live to a national T.V. audience: once in the morning for Gameday and again at night for the game against Tennessee.

Oh, we can’t wait to see the feature story on some Cal player, Kirk Herbstreit’s arrogant douche-ness and Lee Corso wearing the Oski head after he picks the Bears to win (it’s almost a guarantee that Corso will pick Cal. He’s ESPN’s resident Cal lover).

So get those signs ready, and be prepared to be loud and rowdy in the wee hours of the morning. We want the country to see this (instead, it should be a sea of blue and gold, with Cal flags and rowdy frat guys drunk at 6 a.m.).

Earlier: Bears to Kickoff on Primetime

Posted in: Sports
Tags:, , ,
Comments (2)
Print This Post Print This Post

brian said:
Jul 19, 2007 at 12:15 pm

Uh, Gameday is going to Virginia Tech first game of the season Sep. 1. But good story otherwise?

como emagrece said:

How do I have the Hubpages content to receive landscapes dads and moms while i initial posting all of them?