Just when we thought Facebook was getting too involved, Google, everyone’s favorite search engine that could, has decided to up the ante with its new “Street View” feature.

Is uber-stalkerishness a word?

You want something creepy, try looking up your house. Yes, see that? That’s your front door. And if you were outside at the wrong time, then yes, that would be you having a smoke on the porch.

When we zoomed out to a full sized map it showed that the stalker service currently only pertains to areas around New York City, Miami, Denver, Las Vegas and our own lovely city by the bay, San Francisco. According to Macworld, the feature will be expanding to more cities sometime soon. We appreciate it: If people in Ohio can look at our front door on the internet, we certainly expect the courtesy of being able to look at theirs. Although we’re not sure why we’d want to.

ZDNet picked up the scent after Google registered the domain name “googlestreetview.com” along with a number of variations. The general consensus of web buzz was that Google would be debuting some kind of new feature for the O’Reilly Where 2.0 Conference, with speakers and events about mapping and geospace (a.k.a. How Big Brother Will Be Watching You In 20 Years 101).

While the conveniences of this feature are fairly obvious (“No, Mom, I’m in the house with the red door. Just look it up online.”), we’ve got to say that it’s freaking us out quite a bit. Granted, it’s not like the maps are a live feed, but at some point we really have to ask what’s necessary and what’s just unnerving.

Google improves Map with street views, miniapps [Macworld]
Google Maps “Street View” to be launched at Where 2.0? [ZDNet]

Nate said:

Sky High-ler!

Tim said:
Jun 1, 2007 at 12:26 am

I seem to remember another search engine doing something like this in the past.

will said:
Jul 25, 2007 at 5:06 pm

Google is getting a bit over broad…good search engine…um…sure…getting a bit overboard in order to be a search engine…yeah…

Cheap monster beats said:

Let me start by saying wonderful publish. Im not confident if it has been talked about, but when using Chrome I can in no way get the entire web site to load with out refreshing many times. Could just be my computer. Thanks.

xrumer php nuke mod said:

Rattling outstanding information can be identified on web weblog .

Power Beats Sport Headphones White said:

his is the best blog for any person who desires to know about this topic. You understand so much its virtually difficult to argue with you (not that I really would want…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a matter thats been written about for years. Excellent things, just excellent!

Cheap Monster Beats Studio said:

I’m impressed, I must say. Really not often do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you will have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent; the problem is one thing that not enough individuals are talking intelligently about. I’m very blissful that I stumbled throughout this in my seek for one thing relating to this.

yingoabd said:

Hi, dear, how are you? Today, I would like to introduce this site is reliable to offer you cool items, like jordans, hats, handbags and so on, all the items have excellent design and standard quality! Maybe you will like shopping here, just have a try!!air jordans.

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already :) Cheers!

como hacer para no acabar rapido said:

Appreciate it for this grand post, I am glad I observed this site on yahoo.

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you really recognise what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my site =). We could have a hyperlink alternate arrangement among us!

Outlet oakley sunglasses said:

I have discovered that good real estate agents just about everywhere are getting set to FSBO Promoting. They are acknowledging that it’s not only placing a poster in the front place. It’s really concerning building human relationships with these traders who someday will become buyers. So, if you give your time and effort to encouraging these retailers go it alone — the “Law connected with Reciprocity” kicks in. Interesting blog post.

ishonefor said:

Or do you hunt for presents to your dear friends, now, just choose our website to enjoy various headphones on hot sale here, you can own low-price but excellent headphones with unique design and wonderful melody here, and we will offer you free shipping and fast delivery!Cheap Headphones

Mateusz Czerwinski said:

zhudiya said:

cheap jordans be called by a joint name that Jordan Brand Shoes, which are online sale jordans cheap. Always, the Cheap Jordans divided into Air Jordan series, Jordan Fusion series, Jordan Retro series and so on, they are much cheaper because they come from manufacuring factory directly, lowest pirce comes the lowest cost. Nowadays, online cheap jordans business are getting more and more popular, because online shopping stage will make purchasing more convenient and save much more money, also it is no doubt, will make you clear about the comparable prices easily just by searching, you know, so wonderful, cost no walking and carrying to purchase desirable Jordans Cheap!

Kathy said:

Great website. A lot of useful information here. I am sending it to several friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you on your sweat!

Cheap Monster Beats said:

Another great post. I really enjoy it every time I visit this site. I’s obvious that a lot of time and effort is be put into every post and the entire website as a whole. Just wanted to let you know much I enjoy this place and prevaricate it, Thank again. Cheers!

Michael Kors Bags said:

Those Michael Kors Bags http://michael-kors-bags-118.webs.com ARE Terrific!