Remember way back when we discussed the incoming freshman class? Little did we know that one of them would be making news … before her time at Cal.

Allison Stokke, a high school senior, is coming to Cal to join the track and field team. Despite her great athleticism, Stokke’s not getting attention for her pole vaulting. Instead, she’s getting oggled.

See that video up there? It sure isn’t great television, but it’s been viewed over 300,000 times.

It all started on With Leather, a sports blog run by Matt Ufford. On May 8, Ufford introduced Stokke with “hubba hubba and other grunting sounds.” Granted, he did mention her talent:

bq. Miss Stokke is one of the best young pole vaulters in the country. She set the U.S. record for a freshman girl at 12’8″, and her present personal best is a couple inches off the best high school girls mark. So, that’s why I’m honoring her with a post. Because she’s an exceptional athlete. Yes.

The post got some very interesting attention, to say the least. One commenter chimed, “She can vault my pole any time.” Har har.

To Stokke, it wasn’t funny. Washington Post reports she got 1,000 messages on her MySpace. Now her father’s looking through message boards to pick out potential stalkers.

Wait a minute. Stokke talked to Washington Post, but she doesn’t want any more attention? Isn’t that kinda … well … counterintuitive?

But really, stop being pervy. You’re acting like you’ve never seen an attractive girl before.

Her “athleticism” earned her multiple Facebook groups, some of which have popped up in a matter of 24 hours. The two largest, however, existed prior to the Post article.

Fine, fine, here are your obligatory links: I’m Stoked For Stokke!!! and Fans of Allison Stokke.

In response to the article, Ufford posted more pictures of Stokke with “written permission of the photographer.” So much for sympathy.

So good job, Washington Post. An article complaining about unwanted attention manages to generate even more attention. It seems like the next step is for Stokke to start dating Enrique Iglesias and then star in his steamy music video.

Hey, at least she’s prettier than Jonny Moseley.

Teen Tests Internet’s Lewd Track Record [Washington Post]
POLE VAULTING IS SEXY, BARELY LEGAL [With Leather]
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF ALLISON STOKKE [With Leather

stac said:

here is the best coverage of allison you will find on the internet
http://collegecandy.com/buzz/2921

Venkatesh Vedula said:

Allison, you go there and show these people that you are strong and will not be put down by minor setbacks.

lol said:
Feb 20, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Haha “good jobb washington post”? Really, you’re doing exactly the same thing as them – just writing about Allison Stokke.
But well, what can you do. She is already famous by now… and yeah, damn is she a looker.

J Smith said:

Keep working ,great job!

Claretta Ringgold said:
Jan 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Thanks for the great info.Very nice blog layout. Easy on the eyes. Thanks and happy holidays.

led strip said:
Jun 6, 2011 at 10:09 am

Its as if you read my mind! You seem to know a great deal about this, just like you wrote the novel in it or something. I think that one could do by incorporating pics they are driving the message home somewhat, but instead of the, this is great blog. A fantastic read. Ill definitely be back.

dica para emagrecer said:

I want to take up a weblog that i’m trying to find a blog page?

I do consider all of the concepts you have offered to your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

Undeniably consider that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to take note of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst folks think about issues that they plainly do not recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as well as outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects , other folks can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

Stanisław Jabłoński said:

earth women are easy said:

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

Resor Sista Minuten said:

greetings! :) i’m at work at the moment, therefore i don’t have very much time to write… however! I really liked reading through your article. It was a bunch of really good stuff. thank you! Best regards, Resor Sista Minuten