Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is under attack.

Whodunnit?

Turkeys. We mean the animal, not the country. You know, the thing you eat for Thanksgiving. They’ve finally caught on.

KTVU reports that

Wild turkeys went after Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory technician recently as he rode his Segway to the office.

They chased him and pecked at him.

Oh, the humanity.

Wait a minute. Segway, did you say? That explains it.

We don’t like Segways either.

Even Leah Garchik of the Chron picked up on the story. Her so-called “spy” told her of an email sent to Lawrence employees:

Staff members are told not to feed the birds, and to “stand up to and scare turkeys who attack.”

In addition, an attachment to the e-mail provides tips from the National Wild Turkey Federation, including: “Don’t hesitate to scare or threaten a bold, aggressive turkey with loud noises, swatting with a broom or water sprayed from a hose. A dog on a leash is also an effective deterrent.”

If we were on a Segway, probably doing (what’s the top for those?) about five miles per hour, and we saw a thing like Mister over up yonder, we don’t know if we’d be able to “stand up to and scare turkeys.” We think the turkey would win this battle.

Turkey: 1
Segway: 0

Wild Turkeys Attack Lawrence Berkeley Lab Technician [KTVU]
Leah Garchik [SF Chron]

Nate said:
Jun 1, 2007 at 12:45 pm

I saw this. I was totally going to send this into you guys.

Segway Adventure said:
Feb 4, 2012 at 9:14 pm

hello!,I love your writing very so much! share we keep in touch more approximately your article on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem. Maybe that’s you! Having a look forward to peer you.

suspension trainer said:

stock markets are not as easy to predict, because it takes a lot of statistical analysis, to improve it, so you have to know how it analyzes, and according to the analysis, taking the best measures of the case.

cheap trx said:

trx suspension training said:

This is an excellent write up! Do you guys agree with me when I say that this is an awesome site? I thought the information you posted on were very interesting and indeed useful.

polos fred perry said:

I don’t know the answers. However I do agree with Uncle Ben increasing the money supply.

fred perry pas cher said:

Chanced upon your site. This post on the investing pitfalls for the year is very insightful. I agree especially for the china market, which i think is expanding too fast beyond its fundamentals.

{Segway|Wynajem segway} said:
Jul 8, 2012 at 4:26 am

What, no helmet? OMG… Great post. I like the counter balance idea.