So we’re pretty sure Apple is going to take over the world pretty soon. All it needs to do is produce PC-eating Macs and buy out Google. In its latest bid for world domination, Apple’s hitting the books.

The company recently released iTunes U, a platform for universities like Berkeley to share its recorded lectures and events. It’s just like webcasting, but this stuff will go straight to your iPod. Or it will be lost with all those thousands of music tracks you’ve downloaded while “studying.”

Now iTunes can actually help you study. The Daily Cal reports that iTunes U houses “more than 10.6 million MP3 files from the campus, including 3,000 hours of lecture from more than 80 courses.” If you’re a science major, this is good news for you.

Berkeley separates its section of iTunes U into courses, events, research and campus life. Under courses, the section boasts:
* Computer Science, 436 tracks
* Chemistry, 137 tracks
* Physical Sciences, 383 tracks
* Arts & Humanities, 110 tracks
* Engineering, 433 tracks
* Social Sciences, 585 tracks
* Biological Sciences, 253 tracks
* Natural Resources, 150 tracks
* Information Science, 53 tracks

Like we said, science majors, good game. Humanities never gets webcasted. Sad face.

The Berkeley page is a little bare bones right now. And we hate to say it, but Stanford’s page looks so much more organized than ours.

But never mind that. We quickly browsed the offerings and made our selection: an arts lecture entitled “Ballet and Sex.” We dunno. It sounded good at the time. Stop judging us.

Oh, man. Only Berkeley students would listen to a lecture during summer break. We need a job. Perhaps iTunes will need a dominating henchman. Who likes ballet and sex.

Apple Venture Lets iTunes Users Listen In On Campus Lectures [Daily Cal]

lornadoone said:

ZwpbVB I

Matt Jones said:

JGs6Ok that

I have read some excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you set to create this type of great informative website.