After offering you weeks worth of casual love and after finding summer a snooze, we think you’re ready to get a real job. Being a playa doesn’t pay too well, now does it?

This week, we dug up Craigslist’s best classifieds. We hope your standards aren’t too high. Anything for a buck, right?

Try really, really liking beads. A helluva lot. Baubles & Beads is looking for someone with “previous bead experience, either personal or professional.” We’re not sure if anal beads count. Sorry.

“Our staff has been devoted to sharing our collective knowledge and love for beads with other beader’s in the Bay Area,” says B&B. Part-time, full-time—it doesn’t matter. If you love beads, you’ll have the time of your life.

Guys, want to get a whole grand for playing with yourself this summer? Hey, you were probably planning to do it anyway. Now the Sperm Bank of California wants your sperm!

The specifics:

bq. Becoming a sperm donor means making a commitment to donate 1-3 times a week for 6-12 months. If you are accepted as a donor, you are paid $75-$90 for every usable sample you provide.

We can only see this as a positive: 1) You’re paid for something you’re going to be doing anyway and 2) you’ll get access to free pornographic materials. Never mind the possibility of little yous running around Berkeley. Man, that’d be weird.

Speaking of running around town, Campaign to Save the Environment wants you, and it’s not going to be humble about it. In fact, we’re pretty sure we could link every word in this paragraph its various ads. But we’re better than that.

In the same vein, Greenpeace is just as bold. The organization lists this job under “customer service.” Since when is following innocent people around with menacing clipboards and rehearsed spiels a service? We were quite content listening to “This Is Why I’m Hot,” thankyouverymuch.

That said, both jobs pay loads more the sperm thing. You won’t find yourself coming up short.

East Bay area jobs classifieds [Craigslist]
Earlier: Casual Fridays: Something About the French . . . and Everyone Else

Wade Gottesman said:
Feb 9, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I’m really inspired together with your writing talents as smartly with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it your self? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to look a nice blog like this one today.. – Elegant London Escorts, 65-67 Brewer Street, Floor: 2, London W1F 9UP. Phone: 020 3011 2941

Heath Schultz said:

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Eugene Lynch said:

After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.