Well it looks like Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso won’t be in Berkeley on Sept. 1.

No, there will be no Corso donning an Oski head or Herbstreit spilling his arrogance into T.V. screens from the Cal campus.

Hokiesports.com, the PR machine for Virginia Tech, just announced that ESPN picked the Virginia Tech/East Carolina matchup to be the host site for College GameDay on college football’s opening weekend.

Now, as much as we would like to bitch and moan about how horrible and how slighted we feel that ESPN chose to take GameDay away from arguably the best matchup on Sept. 1, if we had to choose any other site for GameDay, it would have to be Blacksburg, Va.

After all, everything we know about the Hokies and Virginia Tech is due to what Frank Beamer has done with that football program. If it weren’t for that football team, we wouldn’t even know that a Virginia Tech existed (prior to the Virginia Tech shooting).

And after what happened last April, we say that the Hokies deserve to have GameDay. If it will help them heal, help them get over that horrible day, then let them have it.

Apparently, that’s what ESPN was going for when it picked Virginia Tech.

bq. “Virginia Tech is a special place and the community is one of the most respectful and passionate we have visited,” said Norby Williamson, ESPN’s executive vice president of production. “Our coverage will be considerate of the emotional day facing the students, faculty, and people of Blacksburg and the country.”

So GameDay’s not coming to Cal, but we couldn’t have picked a better place for it to go than Blacksburg.

But we say this: GameDay better be on the steps of Sproul Hall on Nov. 10 for the Bears/USC matchup.

Earlier: Cal Not Picked by GameDay Crew—At Least Not Yet
College GameDay to open season in Blacksburg [Hokie Sports]

Projektor Vermietung said:

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and come with approximately all important infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .