It’s Welcome Week. We’ve got less than seven days before school starts, it’s hot, we’re infested with freshmen and we’re jonesing for some frozen yogurt. We all know that Yogurt Park is the unheralded king of the fro-yo in Berkeley, but the lines can get uber-long. Is there anywhere else we can get frozen yogurt? Of course there is, and they’re all in a five-minute walk away from Yogurt Park.

So we tasted the most basic (a.k.a. lamest) frozen yogurt flavor (usually some sort of vanilla) and one mix-in of our choosing.

Oh, btw, we’re introducing our newest clogger with this piece, just in case you’re wondering “who is that strange girl in that picture?”

First, we had to have some Yogurt Park. You have to. And, if you’re too lazy to come on down to Sather Lane and see which flavor they’re serving, they boast a flavor hotline that you can call and see what flavors they’re mixing that day.

*French Vanilla with Heath Bar, $2.65*

*Christine Borden:* Ahh, it keeps dripping.
*Krista Lane:* That’s because it’s overflowing with French flavor.
*CB:* Ewww…
*KL:* (mumble, mumble)
*Gerald Nicdao:* What?
*KL:* Structural integrity problems.
*GN:* But I love Heath bars.

It’s kind of hard to “eat” your frozen yogurt after it melts in five minutes, but the Heath bar was awesome.
*Yogurty-goodness factor:* 6/10
*Melt factor:* 2/10

——

Up next we went to the unassuming Michelle’s Yogurt and Treats, which is right across the street from Yogurt Park. And, unlike Yogurt Park, at Michelle’s you not only do you get fro-yo, but you can pig out on all the candy you want.

*Double Vanilla with peanut butter cups, $2.65*

*KL:* The cookie dough doesn’t look very good and what’s with all the cheesy music from those sixth grade dances?
*CB:* I had a momentary twitch in my eye. I think it was all the bad music.
*KL:* It to is melting rapidly, but not as much as the Yogurt Park.
*GN:* Oh, no! The peanut butter is falling. I have to save the peanut butter.
*CB:* This has a much milder taste. The Yogurt Park was too sweet.
*KL:* That’s because that was French vanilla.
*CB:* Yeah, but this one is double vanilla. What does that mean?

It didn’t melt as fast, but it was just sorta “blah.”
*Yogurty-goodness factor:* 5/10
*Melt factor:* 4/10

——

Lastly, we thought we’d give the new kids on the block a try. Papamingo, natural gourmet frozen yogurt, is located on the corner of Channing and Telegraph avenues and offers us a squeaky-plastic-clean environment right across the street from Berkeley Thai House. It was also the most expensive, but there’s an awesome 10 percent discount if you’re a student.

*Yogurt with Cap’n Crunch, $3.11*

*GN:* Look at all that cereal!
*CB:* Oh, that’s definitely yogurt.
*KL:* You know when hippies have granola and yogurt, this reminds me of that.

(Censored conversation)

*CB:* No one was forced to eat this.
*KL:* Yeah it kind of grew on you.
*CB:* Like culture! Get it? Like yogurt culture.

*Yogurty-goodness factor:* 7/10
*Melt factor:* 7.5/10

Earlier: Crawling Berkeley: Snooty Dairy Products for Snooty People

kfed said:

Here’s the hotline number for those of us too lazy to walk all the way from Unit 1 to wait in line: 510-549-0570.

solar panels cost said:

Just a smiling visitor here to share the love (:, btw great pattern .

Rodrick Pesto said:

Thank you so much, Great information…

Phoebe said:

hello!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we keep in touch extra approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look forward to see you.

kształtki styropianowe said:

I have recently started a site, the info you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work.

Useful information. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and I’m stunned why this twist of fate didn’t happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

It is actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

thai girls pattaya said:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was once a enjoyment account it. Look complicated to more introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how can we be in contact?

Andrew Pelt said:

I simply want to mention I am newbie to blogging and certainly liked this website. Most likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You amazingly come with exceptional posts. Many thanks for sharing your website page.

Gustaw Kowalski said:

Burberry Sale said:

This is this kind of a fantastic useful resource that youre providing and you give it away free of charge. I adore seeing web websites that understand the worth of offering a top quality useful resource for free. It?s the old what goes about arrives around routine.