Looks like the UC Board of Regents spotted the financial potential in Haas’ recent climb to the No. 2 spot on the Wall Street Journal’s Survey of Business School Programs. Paying big money to be a slave to the Man just got a tad bit more expensive.

Not even a week after the survey was released, the mysterious Regents who get our tuition checks every month announced their decision to increase UC professional school fees by about $15,000 over the next three years (Clarification: The total fees will increase by $15,000.)

Their main reason? “(T)he fee increases were necessary to maintain quality programs and to stay competitive with other high-ranking institutions,” according to the Daily Cal.

Translation: The University of California would like to attain its rightful place on silly media surveys, which are about as revealing as psychics on the Montel Williams show. Aside from the Wall Street Journal’s Survey, there’s also the controversially simplistic rankings of U.S. News. (These rankings are usually deemed insubstantial; that is, unless one attends the No. 1 Public University in the country.)

Well, the regents may have broken the big-time professional dreams of countless prospective Boalt and Haas students’ moms and dads, but look on the bright side, all you disgruntled wannabe Cochrans and Trumps: You are now free to pick your own wardrobe, speak your mind and stick it to the Man. Maybe you can even go to art school, like you’ve always wanted!

UC OKs Fee Hike for Professional Schools [Daily Cal]
Earlier: Takin’ Care of Business: UC Berkeley Outshines the Rest

magnificent publish, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You should proceed your writing. I’m sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!

Shayne Saulsbery said:

you got a very good website, Gladiola I discovered it through yahoo.