Kanye West has a crush on us. When he first landed on the scene, the hip-hop egotist concocted an imaginary “Universecity” and subsequently based his albums on it. We were flattered when he chose a bear as the school’s mascot–whose cuteness admittedly rivals that of Oski’s.

Then, there arose more similarities between West’s persona and the Berkeley campus. We realized that his pashmina scarves, “look-at-me” attitude and bizarre, pseudo-trendy sunglasses are reminiscent of 95 percent of our liberal arts majors–and the way the Louis Vuitton Don milks free speech for all its worth is totally done in stereotypical “Berzerkeley” fashion as well. Such is evident in the anti-Bush remarks he made on live television, and even in his attempt to make like The Daily Californian and join the blog world.

We admit we are feeling special–albeit a bit uneasy–by West’s clearly obsessive fascination with us. What’s next, stealing Nobel Prizes from George Smoot?

According to a skit on last weekend’s episode of Saturday Night Live, he’s already been there. Aww hell naw.

Kanye West Skit on SNL [Youtube]
Bush Doesn’t Care About Black People [Youtube]
KanYe West Blog [Universecity]

Boo said:

How is this at all relevant?

emagrecer como said:

How could i get blogspot improvements in this little Twitter feast?

Track Bids said:

Can I just say what a relief to find somebody who actually knows what theyre talking about on a internet. You genuinely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. Much more people need to read this and understand this side with the story. I cant consider youre not a lot more well-known because you actually have the gift.