Activism must feel damn good lying down. This morning, more than 1,000 anti-Bush crusaders showed just how much they hate the President by doing just that–lying on the grass in Cesar Chavez Park.

The Beach Impeach event took place about noon, during which the 1,000 registered attendees positioned their bodies to create the words “IMPEACH 4 PEACE,” which were then photographed by a couple of helicopters.

No word yet on whether anyone relevant to the impeachment process actually cares about this, or whether organizer Brad Newsham will get his money back when Bush never gets impeached. Newsham has spent $20,000 out of his own pocket to fund this event, along with two other similar ones around the Bay Area.

Now, let’s take a moment to look at the currently most visible form of activism in the city of Berkeley–sitting in trees for months on end. Juxtapose this with people who lie in the grass to form the words “IMPEACH 4 PEACE” on a beautiful Sunday. Is it just us, or do activists seem to be getting lazier?

Image Source: Tom Heinz
Beach Impeach [Web site]
1,000-plus war protesters in Berkeley spell out opposition to Bush [The San Francisco Chronicle]

Del Lefebre said:

Love this blog Vinh! Keep it up :)

yingoabd said:

Hi, dear, how are you? Today, I would like to introduce this site is reliable to offer you cool items, like jordans, hats, handbags and so on, all the items have excellent design and standard quality! Maybe you will like shopping here, just have a try!!air jordans.

Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your put up is just cool and that i can suppose you’re a professional in this subject. Well with your permission allow me to snatch your feed to stay updated with approaching post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

ishonefor said:

Or do you hunt for presents to your dear friends, now, just choose our website to enjoy various headphones on hot sale here, you can own low-price but excellent headphones with unique design and wonderful melody here, and we will offer you free shipping and fast delivery!Cheap Headphones

ibeautyz said:

Wow,Fantastic converse shoes online,converse all star so helpful to me,The great thing about the Christian Louboutin slingbacks is that it offers the same quality material and elegant style, yet it’s more affordable compared to other Christian Louboutin shoes. Christian Louboutin Slingbacks are popular all over the world. Other series including the Christian Louboutin boots in the Christian Louboutin factory, main product is the lanky model. Christian Louboutin Heels are made from the best quality leather.Nearly all the women are the fans of Christian Louboutin shoes. Christian Louboutin is the most sought after decision of girls that like to embrace style in a exclusive way in Christian Louboutin outlet.Its uncompromised high top quality, vibrant styles and Cheap Christian Louboutin Pumps styles have created it most acceptable brand in the present fashion situation.,Keep on going,my friend,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing,thanks for your converse shoes online!welcome to monster beats headphone.

This is a great site. thank you for blogging it. cheers

reverse phone lookup said:

not everyone would need a nose job in spite of this my girlfriend really needs some rhinoplasty coz her nose is quite crooked-

zhudiya said:

cheap jordans be called by a joint name that Jordan Brand Shoes, which are online sale jordans cheap. Always, the Cheap Jordans divided into Air Jordan series, Jordan Fusion series, Jordan Retro series and so on, they are much cheaper because they come from manufacuring factory directly, lowest pirce comes the lowest cost. Nowadays, online cheap jordans business are getting more and more popular, because online shopping stage will make purchasing more convenient and save much more money, also it is no doubt, will make you clear about the comparable prices easily just by searching, you know, so wonderful, cost no walking and carrying to purchase desirable Jordans Cheap!

Teofil Gorski said:

Tausha said:

This is a message to the admin. I came to your “The Daily Clog » Be an Activist, Sunbathe at the Same Time” page via Google but it was difficult to find as you were not on the front page of search results. I see you could have more traffic because there are not many comments on your site yet. I have found a website which offers to dramatically increase your rankings and traffic to your website: http://aerotraffic.com/web-traffic/. I managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services, you could also get lot more targeted visitors than you have now. I used their services and got significantly more traffic to my website. Hope this helps :) Take care.