We love ZRW and persons of interest as much as the next guy, but their antics aren’t enough to keep us fully procrastinating the studying for or the writing of our midterms. That’s where Facebook comes in.

The Clog long ago decided that an issue wasn’t really important until there was a Facebook group about it. This week, we lighten up to the groups that adamantly appreciate the things in this world that matter so little: Britney, Perez and Anderson Cooper.

All in favor of leaving Britney alone:
* Leave Britney Alone.
* Leave Britney alone because we don’t care anymore.

Chris Crocker, Britney’s YouTube fan freak, has obtained a near-cult following on Facebook:
* Leave Chris Crocker Alone.
* Let him have his emo meltdown, too.

And the one who inspired Chris Crocker’s impassioned plea (and bizarre obsession) for Britney’s well-being:
* Perez Hilton.

For those who prefer the more upstanding celebrity fan groups, meet Anderson Cooper:
* He brings sex appeal to CNN.

“Lightening Up” is a Clog special devoted to finding Facebook groups of interest. And by interest, we mean anything that seems amusing to us at the time. Since there are millions upon millions of Facebook groups which surely must amuse someone, this special will NEVER DIE.

Other Facebook groups you may enjoy, should celebrity fare not be your cup of tea.

bizcal said:

Could this be an even better procrastination tool than Facebook? http://www.boredatcal.net

Someone necessarily assist to make critically articles I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I amazed with the analysis you made to create this particular post incredible. Magnificent process!