If you didn’t see the ruckus that was plaguing Sather Gate earlier, then you probably don’t know: It’s Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week. The creator, conservative pundit David Horowitz, is a Berkeley alumnus. Ironically, he also used to be one of them crazy lefties, just like another outspoken liberal-turned-conservative graduate–talk radio host Michael Savage. The law of nature states: For every tree sitter at Berkeley, there is a conservative pundit.Nevertheless, it seems conservatives are too outnumbered these days, especially ’round these parts. Perhaps this is why they are forced to communicate their opinions in a way that is ten times more asinine than all recent hippie protests combined! (Well, not including tree sitting campaign). In the East Bay Express, Horowitz states the reason why he feels Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week is a necessity on college campuses:

“I have to say that the left, which dominates the public square on campuses, is not liberal,” he said in a phone interview. “It does not really want to hear all sides of the argument.”

Hmm. We like how “holding up obnoxious signs at Sather Gate” is the classic way to get people to “hear all sides of the argument.” It reminds us of what a Code Pink chick said about military recruitment center supporters while protesting against the center last week. The following quote is from the Chron:

But a pink-clad Carly Hue, 26, of Berkeley said, “I think you can’t make sense out of people who don’t make sense. You can’t talk to people who won’t listen.”

Well, at least the extreme liberals and extreme conservatives seem to agree on one thing overall–that they don’t really listen to each other.And until they do, the endless protests will keep going in a never ending cycle, while we watch on the sidelines only to be labeled apathetic. Can’t we all just get along?Alas–probably not.So, let’s just sit back, relax, and enjoy the Berkeley College Republicans’ anti-terrorist slam poetry on Thursday–and the protest that is sure to accompany it.Republican Group’s Event Plans Under Fire [Daily Cal]Battleground Sproul [East Bay Express]Supporters, protesters wage a war of words over Berkeley recruiting station [SF Chronicle]

Beetle said:

“Guy holding up sign at Sather Gate” was not part of IslamoFascist Awareness Week. He’s also a fairly regular crazy guy staple on campus, though he usually bitches about gays.

biz said:

Curious: would an anon site like this facilitate and elevate free speech?

Christopher Page said:

What did conservatives do that is ten times more asinine than all recent hippie protests combined? There was yelling and disruption of Nonie Darwish last night by a few old hippies.

http://www.californiapatriot.org/blog/2007/10/22/nonie-darwish-speaks-at-cal/

TomTurkey said:

Here’s a link to a video of the events at UC Berkeley yesterday. It features some real loud screamin’

http://tinyurl.com/ypdvet