What Berkeley happenings do you think deserve some end-of-the-year-list lovin’?

As 2007 creeps to a close, media outlets are breaking out with the traditional top 10 lists. Our friends at the Chron will attempt to compile one on New Year’s Eve, strolling down the Bay Area’s memory lane for the top 10 newsworthy stories of the year. You may vote for your favorites at their site. Some university-related scoops from the past year that made the preliminaries include UC President Robert Dynes’ resignation, the tree sitters (duh), and the fee hikes that ravaged California State University and the University of California.

The Daily Cal is also joining the nostalgia party, reminiscing on the top 100 stories of the Fall production period during all of Winter Break. Of course, 97 of those stories will have something to do with trees (of both the oak and cardinal varieties).

Yes, it seems the year went by in a flurry of oak grove and football reports, but don’t forget those sleeper stories that avoided the claws of perpetual attention. Remember Berkeley Iceland, anyone? How about that GSI almost-strike?

The Clog will now leave you to reflect and comment on your own favorite stories of 2007.

Merry (belated) Christmas, and have a Happy Kwanzaa!

Help us pick the top 10 Bay Area stories of year [SF Gate]
The Daily Californian [Website]

Tom Killilea said:

Berkeley Iceland isn’t completely lost yet. Keep your eyes open for news about our ice palace at the beginning of the year. – Tom K.