The image “http://clog.dailycal.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/450px-chainsaw_sabri.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Maybe you, like many other denizens of Berkeley, have that occasional hankering to make like a real live hippie and shack up in the trees. Maybe you’d rather grab a bottle of wine and a loved one, and leave out the hammock and face rags. Who does hammocks anyway? Hammocks are for newbs. Tree houses all the way!

For those of you who don’t live in Loth, the Clog is here to advise you on all your treehouse-building concerns. The next time you’re thinking of setting up shop in a nice oak somewhere, look not to Ace. Avoid Eastern Supplies, and hop not onto the 51, which would drop you off in front of Bolfing’s Elmwood Hardware on College Avenue. For all your hardware needs, the Berkeley Public Library has them all beat.

It’s true! The South Branch’s Tool Lending Library has thousands of nifty tools on hand that you can check out for free, just like books. There are some requirements – you have to be either a Berkeley resident or a property-owner. You must also present a photo ID, a library card, and a utility bill with your name on it.

After that, you’re home free! For the next two, three, or seven days, that is. After the due date passes, you’re charged up to a stupendous $15 a day for every extra day you spend cuddling your chainsaw.

The Library’s Tools list provides more detail about such charges. The Clog would say something about the concrete vibrators, clamps, and stud sensors available for rent, but we’re not ones for vulgar sexual innuendos.

Image: Anna Maj Michelson under Wikimedia Commons
Shelf life [Sacramento Bee]
Berkeley Public Library: Services and Resources: Tool Lending Library [Berkeley Public Library]
Tools Fine Schedule [Berkeley Public Library]

It is actually a great and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

youwu said:

Wow,Fantastic article,it’s so helpful to me,and your blog is very good,I’ve learned a lot from your blog here,Keep on going,my friend,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing,thanks for your post!welcome to .

Lolita Giacone said:

This really is what I use to get the most beneficial Search engine marketing Results for my dollars. Click here: Best Seo Results For The Money

Rościsław Gorski said:

Curt Ludington said:

Hey there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!

a really said:

May I simply say what a relief to uncover an individual who actually understands what they’re talking about on the web. You definitely know how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people ought to look at this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised that you aren’t more popular because you most certainly have the gift.