stanne2000pinkpeep.jpgScore one for Berkeley–well, kind of. Earlier this evening, everyone’s favorite “fake” news show (unless, of course, you prefer “The Colbert Report”) featured a segment in which “correspondent” (and ex-Marine) Rob Riggle visited our fair city and skewered Code Pink.

We thought it was pretty funny. But, come on, we’re college students. Jon Stewart is for us what Stephen Colbert is for college students–without him, we wouldn’t have any idea what’s going on. Naturally, we’re a bit biased. We want to keep our coverage fair and balanced, so we’ve compiled a short, completely objective pros and cons list.

EDIT: Daily Show clip after the jump!

Pros of Code Pink on “The Daily Show”
1. Sproul Plaza was, like, totally on TV.
2. It was really funny.
3. It put Berkeley in the national spotlight.

Cons of Code Pink on “The Daily Show”
1. Code Pink is sort of old news. We’ve been covering the Marine Recruiting Center “clusterf*ck” for months, now.
2. It put Berkeley in the national spotlight–for its crazies …
3. It made Code Pink look stupid. (Note: This fact is included on the “Cons” list not because it’s wrong to ridicule Code Pink, but because it’s such a cheap shot. Honestly, Comedy Central. Y’all are professionals. “The Daily Show” crazifying Code Pink is like The Clog making really terrible analogies–it’s just so easy.)

Image Source: Infrogmation under Creative Commons
The Daily Show [Website]
Marines in Berkeley [The Daily Show]
Earlier: Code Pink is the New Fascism

cherry hardwoord said:
Feb 21, 2012 at 7:02 am

Helpful information. Lucky me I discovered your site unintentionally, and I’m surprised why this accident did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

I just could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info an individual provide on your visitors? Is going to be again often in order to inspect new posts

http://www.windsurfcat.com/forumWC/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=241780 said:

Heya {i’m|i am} for the first time here. I {came across|found} this board and I find It {truly|really} useful & it helped me out {a lot|much}. I hope to give something back and {help|aid} others like you {helped|aided} me….

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks!…

Izaak Dąbrowski said:

Deloise Perney said:

Very nice info and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you people have any ideea where to hire some professional writers? Thx :)

web proxy sites said:

This it is a great article. But first of all I must say all every one. Hello. And now I must say that I m going to post http://clog.dailycal.org/2008/03/10/the-daily-show-makes-fun-of-code-pink-students-wonder-how-they-missed-rob-riggle/ on my Twitter profile. I will do this because at last I found what I was looking for. What you give us here is really nice post. In the second I saw this tittle, The Daily Clog » ‘The Daily Show’ Makes Fun of Code Pink, Students Wonder How They Missed Rob Riggle, in my google search I was very happy. Maybe I found something with the same ideea here http://www.toplevel-proxy.com/web-proxy-sites , I’m not sure but I thing it was the same. My regrds

car roof rack said:

The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers….

Great information over again. I am looking forward for your next post….