crying.jpg Many of us know what it feels like to be tortured via the throes of anticipation. We waited anxiously for Cal Football to reign as No. 1 last semester, but the moment never came. We cried tears of sweet closure when the last installment of Harry Potter reached our eager hands.

Still, none of that compares to the emotional turmoil that arrives in many student mailboxes across the country today. Yes, it’s that time of year again–the day many high school seniors open a long-awaited letter from the UC Berkeley admissions department (or, rather, log into the myBerkeleyApplication portal at 5 p.m PST for quicker results).

One glance at College Confidential, a message board consisting largely of soccer moms and stressed out overachievers, and you can get a sense of the agony. Some are even accusing admissions of an e-mail conspiracy after their “suspicious” and “cruelly worded” letter announced the release of acceptances on Mar. 27. The letter proclaims, “Thank you for your patience: We’re worth the wait!” Cruel, indeed.

Posted by yayitsjane at College Confidential:

Because of this whole overanalyzing-the-emails thing, I’m psyching myself out and thinking that the myBerkeleyApp person is telling us white lies. This isn’t good for me (because I didn’t get an email), but maybe the emails really do mean you are admitted and if you didn’t get it, you are a reject. I just don’t see any other explanation to this email thing…why would there be so many people who didn’t get an email? Honestly, what are the chances of having that many “technical glitches”? (But then again…there were quite a number of people who got the email too…I DON’T KNOW! I’m driving myself crazy!! Errg….)

Am I just being overly pessimistic or am I making sense here????

The poor child.

Best of luck to you who plan to frantically refresh your computer screen until 5 p.m. See you next year! Maybe.

Image Source: Crimfants under Creative Commons

Letter to 2008 Applicants [Berkeley]
Email from UCB admissions about Mar 27 decions? [College Confidential]

m said:

If I were Cal Admissions, I would automatically deny anyone who logs onto that webpage between 5:00pm and 7:00pm today. We don’t need any more strung-out, overachieving undergrads here.

d said:

A friend of mine just told he was accepted…for Spring 2009. He’s coming straight from high school. Is this usual? Should I be posting this on the LJ instead? Har, har.

Raj C. said:

I agree with M. What we need are some kids who can party.

GO Bears!

mn said:

I was one of those OCD kids checking myberkeleyapp every so often. Got accepted around 4:00pm! Feels great.

T said:

To d, I know a couple of high schoolers who got accepted into spring too. no big deal.

linkbuilding service said:

hello!,I really like your writing so a lot! percentage we keep in touch extra about your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to resolve my problem. May be that’s you! Having a look ahead to look you.

rumblefighter fighter hacks latale ogplanet ogplanet gaming hacks hacks maplestory maplestory dragon hacks carat hacks Realm of the Mad God Hacks said:

I don’t even know the way I ended up right here, however I assumed this publish used to be great. I do not recognize who you are however definitely you’re going to a famous blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!

תקליטן לחתונה said:

A person essentially assist to make significantly articles I might state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish extraordinary. Magnificent job!

Niche Product said:

naturally like your website however you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to inform the reality nevertheless I’ll surely come again again.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

Really good quality article! This is one of the most inspiring pieces of work I’ve read a long time. Too many times writers don’t care what they write. It’s obvious that you do. Thank you. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

I view something genuinely special in this website .

nombshoolla said:

Well then, i’ll reveal to you the reasons why the act of your account Johnson. June, lighthearted dark colored toms boots together with modern setting indicated curvature roses and severe associated with have become popular. You are going to start in a unique boots or shoes in this correct architectural mastery towards the shoe hold, the analysis associated with web stores in addition to shops. Anytime brutal variety of safety boots or shoes, can be distinct within their beddy-bye for your current wardrobe. the particular toms shoes cheap and also Helen Keller intercontinental not to mention household technique, ChildSight? inside Ny City, that will clingy children during the distinctive line of eyesight.Or if you will be looking at, if you do buy your preferred toms shoes boots, to its moderately high priced price tag.When your squeaky shoes are brand new, be dressed in??£¤t be reluctant taking it on the store the places you bought these. The salesperson can change your personal trainers for one non-squeaky try, offer you a give back or even assist you work out the cause with the squeak.