The Daily Cal’s Elections Forum came and passed, and CalSERVE’s gloating. The party’s site posted about the performances of its own Dionne Jirachaikitti and Student Action’s Lina Ochman, both running for EAVP.

The announcement offers no commentary, but the battling videos speak for themselves. Ochman’s response is painful at best–we couldn’t even get through the whole thing.

That doesn’t mean that Jirachaikitti is always a smooth speaker. Sure, she’s got two clips of separate news appearances on YouTube. But have you heard her slam poetry?

Thank goodness we’re not electing any candidate for their spoken word performance prowess.

Daily Cal Debates: Is there a difference between Student Action and CalSERVE? [CalSERVE]
Dionne Jiarchaikitti – Spoken Word [YouTube]

Student said:

Yall are just hating. calserve posting dionnes response of the daily cal debate, deserves the posting of her main opponent lina. unfortunately lina’s answers were weak… which obviously people might take as a direct attack. in my opinion though, this just proves that dionne may in fact be a more qualified candidate for eavp than lina. anyway, since when do eavp candidate have to be good at poetry slam/spoken word?!

Jimmy said:

It is a clear blatant attack by Calserve. Why else would they only put the video from the EAVP debate instead of share all of them with us. They did take video of it, they just have nothing else to show that makes them look strong.

Jane T. said:

Student Action Senator Phil Kim is being considered for removal from the senate due to absences!

Jimmy said:

And?

anon said:

Not everyone has their shinning moments, and the daily cal forum was definitely not hers, but Lina is still a very qualified candidate. All calserve has is this video… why not put up videos of all other debates?