English professor and poet Robert Hass scooped up the 2008 Pulitzer Prize for “Time and Materials.” The announcement came out today, and Hass shares the award with Philip Schultz and his book “Failure.”

Hass previously picked up the National Book Award for his most recent work, and now he can add a booty of $10,000 to his growing recognition. He is the third current UC Berkeley professor to win the Pulitzer (the two others include history professor Leon Litwack and former J-School dean Ben Bagdikian).

This semester, Hass teaches English 131: American Poetry and a poetry translation workshop, which he will again lead in the fall semester.

There’s also a webcast (though fairly dated, from 2003) of him reading his poetry before “Time and Materials.”

Image Source: Steve Rhodes under Creative Commons
Robert Hass wins Pulitzer Prize for poetry [NewsCenter]

Troy Pellowski said:

I’m jealous. I are unable to get this a lot of folks to remark on my website. What is your top secret? Possibly some helpful Ideas would support me out. Be sure to test out my website at: http://www.whazzub.com

xrumer tumblr mod said:

hey there, your site is great. I do thank you for work

It’s truly a great and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

car mats said:

A budget tells us what we can’t afford, but it doesn’t keep us from buying it. …

Thanks for your thoughts. One thing I’ve noticed is banks plus financial institutions know the dimensions and spending routines of consumers while also understand that many people max out there their real credit cards around the vacations….

Noe Kamakea said:

Hey!
I’m extremely fascinatedby your interesting blog Will surely come back to your site again.
Lord bless google for pointing me here.