dsc_0022.jpg

The Clog loves tips! We especially love tips from friends who inform us that Tommy Lee (of Pamela Anderson fame) is jamming with random dudes on Upper Sproul Plaza in the name of the environment.

Apparently, Lee was on campus today to film a new reality show for an unknown channel called Planet Green. The show is aptly named “Battleground Earth,” and the premise is quite unusual–Lee and rapper Ludacris (whom Lee affectionately calls “Luda the Polluta”) battle it out to see who can highlight green issues best, using the power of entertainment. We don’t really know how a jam session helped him score points against Luda in the green game–but hey, we kind of liked the dirty melange of noise.

More pictures after the jump.

Our tipster was actually one of those random dudes on Sproul.

So, I’m hanging out on Sproul, no big deal, but i’m carrying all my instruments, like a guitar and a piano and stuff, and out of nowhere these producer-looking people come up and say, like, “Hey, what instrument do you play?”

And I go, “Everything,”

And then they say, “So Tommy Lee is going to be here in 30 minutes and they’re gonna be having a jam session. It would be so badass if you rolled in on your scooter and played something.”

Scooters are good for the environment. So is Tommy Lee’s bus–which runs on bio-diesel.

Tommy Lee and friends on the corner of Telegraph and Bancroft Avenues deciding what they should do next. Walk down the iconic Telegraph Avenue, perhaps?

… and into Adidas?

Image Source: Patrici Flores
Tommy Lee, Ludacris go Green [Variety]
Planet Green TV network pushes environmentalism [USA Today]

Rachel said:

What about Tommy Lee riding down telegraph in a big garbage truck ? Did you miss that part ?!! It took me a really long time to figure out why everyone was so interested in this ugly truck. It’s surprising to me to find out this was a green project. He circled around telegraph at least 4 times from what i saw, that’s a big waste of fuel and pollution contributer I’m sure… None the less it seemed like a very festive occasion.

sdfghjk said:

i saw the blue-tipped hair girl stop an innocent bystander and ask, “are you done with that?” (pointing to a cup of something). obviously, if someone is holding a cup of liquid food, then no- they aren’t done with it, especially if they were sipping out of said cup a minute previous.

then she asked, “do you recycle?”

I didn’t hear the reply, because I felt adversive to the cameras and somehow felt that berkeley was being exploited for it’s reputation of being ‘green’ friendly. i sure hope they don’t give much attention to the tree people. that would be weird.

they should go to UCLA. there are practically no recycling receptacles on that campus.

PRECIOUS ANA said:

I was there while the filming of the reality show which will air on the Discovery channel this summer..I was heading to Buffalo Exchange on telegraph when I saw all the camera crew filming and the big crowds and I really loved the whole idea ..Tommy Lee was really great so nice and sincere with everyone ..I even helped by recycling my trash.It was great to see so many people out there for a good cause

toni said:

my school college trip was there while they were setting up. we were gonna be in the background of the video sitting around the fountain but our teachers made us leave. they were tired of waiting. i saw one crew member have a big wad of fake money and the guys discussing what to do. when i asked the location director why they chose berkeley he said cause it was near where they were doing most of the shooting.

Gabriel Martinez said:

as toni said i was apart of my school college trip and I’m sure i was recorded in the film

James said:

“What do you play?” “everything”

Nothing like a modest musician. Douche.

Lance said:

Haha! Sorry. I never said I play everything WELL. Besides, these producer people looked pretty goofy, I didn’t feel like being serious with them. But sorry for being a douche! I am a most modest musician, I swear.

Bill said:

The Discovery Network and its new offshoot Planet Green have signed on Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee and rapper Chris “Ludacris” Bridges in their new reality show, Battleground Earth. Ten episodes are planned for production, with the show premiering in late July or early August. The company is rebranding its Discovery Home network as Planet Green, which will debut on June 4.Battleground Earth will show Ludacris and Lee going across the country to compete in challenges that draw attention to green issues, ending with a joint concert at the Greek Theater in L.A. that benefits Griffith Park, which was recently ravaged by wildfires. Both will be on tour with their respective entourages trying to “out-green” the other one. This includes keeping their tour bus, stage acts and more all eco-friendly.

List of Cities they will be in

Apr 17 2008
San Francisco, California

Apr 18 2008
Oakland, California

Apr 20 2008
San Francisco, California

Apr 25 2008
Dallas, Texas

Apr 29 2008
New Orleans, Louisiana

May 5 2008
Nashville, TN

May 12 2008
Atlanta, Georgia

May 16 2008
Los Angeles, California

May 20 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada

May 24 2008
Phoenix, Arizona

May 27 2008
Los Angeles, California

T said:

that’s hilarious. they really should go somewhere else to promote this green-earth business. god knows berkeley’s got enough ppl recycling!

NOLA_Crazy said:

11:25pm 5/2 Just watched Tommy Lee and Co. filming on Bourbon St. They are running up and down the sidewalk and getting lots of unwanted attention from the drunk/curious tourists. They are having a tough time filming due to all the catcalls and other interruptions.

ricky said:

i saw tommy on bourban street does anyone know who his new girlfriend is? he was kissing and holding hands with a really stunning girl

Johnny Allen Shaw said:
Jun 6, 2008 at 4:01 pm

My name’s Johnny Allen Shaw. I’m the creator of “My Big Fat Homeless Berkeley Movie”. While Tommy was here in town filming with the garbage truck, I filmed him having a conversation with my friend, Dan McMullen (Dan’s trying to get Tommy to come back next year and play People’s Park). I got permission (on camera) to use the footage in my upcoming, final installment, “Last Of The Big Fat Homeless Berkeley Movies”, so it looks like he’ll be featured. Also, I had them get some close-up shots of my kiosk with the DVDs on display, figuring that someone might see them in post-production, but the other day, someone told me they saw my DVDs on the Discovery Channel. Me. A nobody. Wow. Everyone was extremely gracious and friendly and, hopefully, we’ll see them again next year. I know Tommy will be interested in seeing my next film when it’s released (to make sure I’m not sandwiching him in-between abusive stuff or putting words in his mouth. Relax — I don’t play it like that) and he may be so amused that he actually ends up coming back and playing the 40th anniversary of People’s Park. It wouldn’t surprise me.

Han Wiedemann said:

What i don’t understood is actually how you’re not really much more well-liked than you might be now. You are so intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it’s one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

Calculator Online said:

I like this internet site because so much utile material on here :D .

Scotty Hulton said:

I blog often and I really appreciate your content. Your article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new details about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.