You’re probably familiar with on-screen MILF lover, stoner and Sulu, John Cho–he graduated from UC Berkeley a while back. OMG, right? Clogger and arts writer, Christine Borden, recently had good times with Cho and the writers of today’s release, “Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.” The Chron also had their own interview. What is the difference between the two? Well, when the San Francisco Chronicle interviews John Cho, they just have to mention his alma mater–like, three hundred times.

We won’t lie, though. We love it when alumni get famous, too–it means we nerds do have a chance at sweet stardom!

Here’s the Chron’s very first question, getting straight to the point:

Q: You went to UC Berkeley. Is that where you decided to become an actor?

A: That’s where I fell into it, with a student play. I majored in English and I was in this writing group and this fellow in it was directing a play. He literally said, “How tall are you and what do you weigh?” I think somebody got sick and he needed to know if I fit the costume. It was really like two lines.

Wanna be the next John Cho to come out of Berkeley? The first step is obviously to declare an English major. Once you get that down, simulate Cho’s serendipitous two-line entry into the acting world by signing up for the English department’s “Shakespeare in the Theater” class, English 117T. Last Fall, they produced a moving production of Macbeth.

And there you have it–the John Cho path to player-dom. Utilize it. We look forward to clogging about you in about … 10 years.

Image Source: mhuang under Creative Commons
Up In Smoke [Daily Cal]
John Cho rises to the top, with Harold’s help [SF Chronicle]
Earlier: How to: Get Kidnapped by Fairies

I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.