This week, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agents did not raid classrooms in the Berkeley and Oakland school districts. We repeat, the ICE did not snatch children out of their seats during Algebra class in hopes of deporting them. ICE spokesperson Virginia Kice tells the Chronicle, “immigration authorities try to conduct their investigations and detentions in appropriate times and places, with consideration given to the sensitivity of the surrounding community.”

In other words, the ICE keeps the drama on the down-low. Still, rumors of school raids riled people up, sparking a protest at Berkeley High School. A few students in brown armbands gathered there yesterday as an outcry against raids in general-which actually happen every day, and not just when rumors fly out of hand.

Of course, this game of “he said, she said,” can’t pass without at least one conservative blogger with their panties in a tizzy. There’s anger directed at the actions of local politicians, who helped spread the falsities–and even the San Francisco Chronicle, because they reported about people’s fears in light of the rumor-fest. How dare they.

Image Source: Mr. Wright under Creative Commons

Berkeley Reacts to Detention of Immigrants [Daily Cal]
ICE raids on homes panic schools, politicians [SF Chronicle]
Berkeley students protest ICE raids [SF Chronicle]

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I will learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

What i do not understood is in fact how you’re now not really a lot more well-liked than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You understand therefore significantly in relation to this subject, made me for my part imagine it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men aren’t involved unless it’s one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. Always handle it up!

Mateusz Czerwinski said:

immi.gov.au. migration agent. spouse visa. immigration agents Melbourne. immigration lawyers Melbourne. protection visa. immigration Melbourne. partner visa. immigration office Melbourne. migration agents Melbourne. immigration lawyer Melbourne. Fiance Vi said:

hello!,I love your writing very so much! proportion we be in contact extra approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert on this house to solve my problem. May be that’s you! Taking a look forward to peer you.