While hundreds of soon-to-be Berkeley grads primped themselves for yesterday afternoon’s Commencement Convocation at the Greek Theatre, the Berkeley tragedy rate went up, again.

Durant Avenue was closed all night yesterday after two people were shot–one, fatally–near the popular hot dog joint, Top Dog. The shooting happened in broad daylight at around 3:44 p.m. and prompted one of the victim’s alleged family members to ask, “Is this Oakland or is this Berkeley?” [Daily Cal, Mercury News]

A takeover-style robbery hit Berkeley’s Cooperative Center Federal Credit Union on Ashby Avenue Tuesday afternoon. The robbers’ car was later spotted in Oakland. Four men were arrested, and $6000 recovered. [Mercury News]

Berkeley City College mourns the loss of 20-year-old student, Billy Carrigan. He was driving his truck at high speeds on Sunday evening near Chester, California when he reached a sharp curve and lost control of his vehicle, which flew into an embankment of pine trees. He died in the hospital Tuesday morning. Carrigan was presumably rushing home after his sister and her boyfriend were found dead the night of their prom. [SF Chronicle]

xrchat-phplinkdirectory said:

Thanks , I have recently been seeking for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours could be the best I’ve discovered till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the source?

Cheap/Discounts Jordan shoes,Nike air max,Moncler Jackets,Monster Beats Headphone,UGG Boots,LV,Coach handbags,Gucci,ED Hardy,Jerseys,Belts,sunglasses,caps said:

Hello! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you’ve got here on this post. I will likely be coming back for your blog for much more soon.

Sung Craker said:

Hi!
I’m very fascinatedby your great blog Will surely return to your site again.
God bless yahoo for pointing me here.