The East Bay Express’s Best Of issue came out recently, and we wanted to show some Berkeley pride for all the wondrous food and services our crazy town has to offer. Also, we wanted to throw our own two bits into the mix. Figures.

Ecstatic seat-wiggling and tummy-grumbling awarded to:

* Best Salads: Chez Panisse
Salads with homemade mozzarella and golden beets! Can Intermezzo top that? We’ll answer that for you: no.

* Best Bookstore: Pegasus Books Downtown
We love the cheap books here. In fact, just last week we went crazy and bought four books and a mag for under $25. Also won readers’ choice.

* Best Cheese Shop: Cheeseboard Collective
Is there any other choice?

* Best Breakfast/Brunch: La Note
Anytime you combine cream cheese and eggs with a side of grilled tomatoes, you’ve got yourself a winner.

* Best Comfort Food: 900 Grayson
Finally, our favorite haunt gets some (other) deserving attention.

* Best Ice Cream/Soda Fountain: Ici
So maybe it’s unethical to say this considering that yours truly works at Ici, but it’s totally worth the wait. You’ll drown in Fenton’s servings and thick syrupy messes, but the ice cream here is sophisticated and bold.

* Best Takeout: Gregoire
We told you so.

And here’s a hearty sample of the rest of the best:

* Best Bike Shop: Missing Link Bicycle Co-op
Also won readers’ choice. We’d like to mention Recycle Bicycle on Sacramento Street.

* Best Comic Book Store: Comic Relief

* Best Desserts: Crixa Cakes
The horn of Damascus is to die for.

* Best Pharmacy: Elephant Pharmacy
Also won readers’ choice.

* Best Record Store: Amoeba Music
Also won readers’ choice.

* Best Vintage Clothing Store: Mars Mercantile

* Best Brewpub: Triple Rock Brewery and Alehouse

* Best Cafe/Coffehouse: Musical Offering

* Best Chowder: Spenger’s Fresh Fish Grotto

* Best Cocktails: Cafe Gratitude
Don’t be fooled–they mean smoothies here, not real cocktails.

* Best Deli: Saul’s

* Best Indian/Pakistani Restaurant: Kabana

* Best Middle Eastern Restaurant: Alborz Persian Cuisine

* Best New Restaurant: Digs Bistro

Image Source: ulterior epicure under Creative Commons
Best of the East Bay [East Bay Express]

drebeats said:

but in the willingness kevin garnett beats to look at beats by dre michael jackson ourselves and justin bieber beats realize

ishonefor said:

Or do you hunt for presents to your dear friends, now, just choose our website to enjoy various headphones on hot sale here, you can own low-price but excellent headphones with unique design and wonderful melody here, and we will offer you free shipping and fast delivery!Cheap Monster Headphones

ibeautyz said:

Wow,Fantastic converse shoes online,converse all star so helpful to me,The great thing about the Christian Louboutin slingbacks is that it offers the same quality material and elegant style, yet it’s more affordable compared to other Christian Louboutin shoes. Christian Louboutin Slingbacks are popular all over the world. Other series including the Christian Louboutin boots in the Christian Louboutin factory, main product is the lanky model. Christian Louboutin Heels are made from the best quality leather.Nearly all the women are the fans of Christian Louboutin shoes. Christian Louboutin is the most sought after decision of girls that like to embrace style in a exclusive way in Christian Louboutin outlet.Its uncompromised high top quality, vibrant styles and Cheap Christian Louboutin Pumps styles have created it most acceptable brand in the present fashion situation.,Keep on going,my friend,I will keep an eye on it,One more thing,thanks for your converse shoes online!welcome to monster beats headphone.

zhudiya said:

cheap jordans be called by a joint name that Jordan Brand Shoes, which are online sale jordans cheap. Always, the Cheap Jordans divided into Air Jordan series, Jordan Fusion series, Jordan Retro series and so on, they are much cheaper because they come from manufacuring factory directly, lowest pirce comes the lowest cost. Nowadays, online cheap jordans business are getting more and more popular, because online shopping stage will make purchasing more convenient and save much more money, also it is no doubt, will make you clear about the comparable prices easily just by searching, you know, so wonderful, cost no walking and carrying to purchase desirable Jordans Cheap!

I have been surfing online more than three hours these days, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely value sufficient for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the internet can be much more helpful than ever before.

Shila Mince said:
Jan 11, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Be grateful, At least you have adsl access we can either fork out major $$$ for mobile/satalite for minimal internet access or put up with dial up!!!