Some of you may have attended the annual Berkeley Kite Festival & West Coast Kite Championships in the past, but when we first heard of it, we didn’t know what to expect. Fighter kites? Kite races? Aerial beauty contests?

We did a bit of digging, and it turns out that we weren’t too far off-base. But the kite festival also has so much more to offer. We’re looking forward to the attempts at new world records, the giant creature kite show and the candy drop (i.e. air-bombing a sea of kids with sweet treats). They also promise free admission, free activities and not-so-free food. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

Parking won’t be free, either, so we suggest that you take the AC Transit #9 bus line to Berkeley Marina. Also remember to bring both a jacket and sunscreen–Bay Area weather on a hilltop by the bay will undoubtedly call for both extremes. Now go fly a kite!

What: 22nd Annual Berkeley Kite Festival & West Coast Kite Championships
When: Saturday, July 26 & Sunday, July 27 @ 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Where: Cesar E. Chavez Park at the Berkeley Marina

Image Source: e.t under Creative Commons
The Berkeley Kite Festival [Highline Kites]
Earlier: Summer To-Do’s: Mime Time in Berkeley… for Free!

Gordon said:
Jul 22, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Couldn’t figure out how to simply email yall (also I’m incredibly lazy)

Thought you guys might be interested in this article from the SJ Mercury:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_9957224?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

vibram said:
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:33 am

Great site. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to some friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks to your effort!

Hi, i feel that i noticed you visited my website so i came to “return the desire”.I am attempting to in finding things to enhance my web site!I guess its ok to make use of a few of your concepts!!

http://www.mydigitaldispatch.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=358721 said:

{Nice|Excellent|Great} blog here! Also your {website|site|web site} loads up {fast|very fast}! What {host|web host} are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my {website|site|web site} loaded up as {fast|quickly} as yours lol…

Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward. …