The University of California released its employee compensation report, and it’s really no surprise that coach Jeff Tedford topped the list of breadwinners.

Last year, Tedford took home more than $2.8 million–that’s out of about $14 million doled out to athletic coaches across the UC system. Also among the top ten are other coaches and health sciences faculty from UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco and UCLA.

And dear ol’ Chancellor Robert Birgeneau? Well, BobBi didn’t even come close with his measly $430,116. C’mon, the dude needs a living wage, people.

Image Source: Michael Kang, Daily Cal
UC Releases Employee Compensation Report [Daily Cal]

Comments:
slims said:
Aug 3, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Everyone always likes to bring this up and claim that UC is putting its priorities in the wrong places.

But, if you look at the numbers, you realize that UC only pays a fraction of that $2.8 million. The rest comes from private donations and alumni fundraisers who make athletic-specific donations to the university.

Meanwhile, Birge gets more than his salary – he gets benefits, use of the Chancellor’s house, and all kinds of other perks. The university (rightfully) “pays” Birge more in the end than Tedford.

xrumer twittermod said:
Mar 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Oh my goodness! a terrific write-up dude. Thanks a ton Nevertheless I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Do not know why Can not sign up to it. Is there anyone obtaining identical rss issue? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

Fernando Augusto said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:19 am

You deserve a merit on this. I was able to get some additional idea for my technical writing. You give inspiration to new writers as you did expertly written article. Thanks.

Jeanie Stanislaw said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Hey!
I’m extremely amusedby your interesting blog Will surely return to your blog again.
Lord bless google for pointing me here.

Luxury Homes said:
Mar 22, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I gotta preference this location it appears much constructive much profitable

Stanisław Jabłoński said:
Mar 23, 2012 at 12:08 am

poczta kwiatowa said:
Apr 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Recommeneded website…

I hope you’ll write sth more about it sooooon. Thx a lot!…