Thai Temple (formally Wat Mongkolratanaram) brunch is pretty much a Berkeley institution. Every Sunday, Berkeley foodies and hipsters alike will line up for flavorful curries and cheap Thai iced teas. On top of it all, the prices are reasonable if you know how to get your money’s worth.

Today, we sampled a chicken drumstick with peppers, stew with egg and fried sweet tofu, and pad Thai. Nothing was exceptionally spicy, but the sweetness of the tofu and our chicken hit the spot.

When you go to the temple, you should bring a friend. Have your friend exchange money for tokens while you wait in the big line for food. Share a plate or two, and don’t forget the mango sticky rice. You won’t be able to finish it all, but that won’t be from lack of trying.

Location: 1911 Russell Street, accessible by F bus
Price: $5 for one entree on a plate, $6 for two, $7 for three
Notes: The Thai iced tea (along with all the other drinks) is only $1.

Image Source: Kenn Christ under Creative Commons
Earlier: Brewskies in Your Own Backyard

graphic design careers said:
Feb 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

I absolutely accept as true with what you have stated. In fact, I browsed through your additional posts and I think that you’re certainly correct. Great job with this particular blog.

dominant mistress said:

hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did however experience a few technical issues the usage of this web site, since I skilled to reload the site lots of occasions previous to I may just get it to load correctly. I have been wondering in case your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, however sluggish loading instances instances will very frequently affect your placement in google and could injury your quality rating if ads and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and can glance out for much extra of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..