Too many books on your hands? or too many just sitting on your floor? Hang ‘em up!

You can make a book rack out of a cheap wire hanger–yes, a wire hanger. Basically, you’re turning a triangle into a rectangle with a few well placed bends.

1. Start with the legs of the wire hanger’s triangle. Bend midway through each leg.

2. Pull down on the base to stretch it out. Straighten out the sides and bend two new corners into the base.

3. Fold the wire hanger in half (think hamburger, not hot dog), making sure to leave enough room at the bend to hold your book.

All that’s left is to hammer in a nail and hang your rack. Voila! You’re a cheap, er, economical college student.

Image Source: Superziper
DIY Wire Hanger Book or Magazine Rack [Lifehacker]
Earlier: Cook More Than Just Ramen

library claire said:

Awesome! I got to this post from SFist, and I’m totally going to use this to make displays in my underfunded school library. Thank you!!

sarah cho said:
Aug 27, 2008 at 5:10 pm

this seriously made my desk area so much more convenient!

Tel Askıdan Dergilik | Pemberuj.net said:

[...] Tel elbise askısından dergilik yapılmış, ilginç bir fikir :)  Burada gördüm. [...]

diy magazine hanger « NengMarjie said:

[...] bunch of craft supplies, no need to buy. i browsed for some ideas, and came across to this site, the daily clog. i twisted the original idea a bit, and created my own [...]

Georgie Albelo said:

Could be uncommon to locate skilled individuals with this issue, even so, anyone sound like a person understand just what you might be posting concerning! Thx.

Azalee Mede said:

comprehensive info a person present. It’s wonderful to come across a new weblog each every now and then that isn’t the same kind of rehashed substance. Amazing examine! I’ve preserved your internet site as well as I’m including your RSS rss feeds to our Google consideration.

Arletta Speares said:

hi, exceptional site, as well as an excellent realize! just one regarding my favorites.

Radomił Kowalczyk said:

Revistero creativo facilísimo de hacer | Dondelotiro said:
Nov 25, 2012 at 5:46 am

[...] Visto en The Daily Colg [...]

20 DIY Magazine Rack Projects said:

[...] This can be both a magazine rack and a book rack. To make it you’ll need a wire hanger and a nail. Bend the legs of the hanger and straighten out the sides. Bed the two corners into the base and then fold the wire hanger in half. Hang it on the wall and you’re done.{found on dailycal}. [...]

20 DIY Magazine Rack Projects | Style Motivation said:

[...] This can be both a magazine rack and a book rack. To make it you’ll need a wire hanger and a nail. Bend the legs of the hanger and straighten out the sides. Bed the two corners into the base and then fold the wire hanger in half. Hang it on the wall and you’re done.{found on dailycal}. [...]