After discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on earth.

Well, who’da thunk it? A busty woman’s bosom attracts unwanted attention–from the TSA. On Sunday, the underwire in Berkeley resident, Nancy Kates’s brassiere set off the metal detector at Oakland International Airport. One thing led to another–and then Kates called the American Civil Liberties Union and the National Organization for Women. (A Berkeley resident? Calling the ACLU? No!)

Kates cited her missed flight and public humiliation as being representative of “something bigger than just [her].” Oh, and a violation of the Constitution. That, too. The ACLU obligingly took Kates’s side in the matter:

Barry Steinhardt, the director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s technology and liberty program, said Monday of federal security officials: “They can’t find bombs in checked luggage, and they’re essentially doing a pat-down of private parts. This is a security apparatus that is out of control.”

Hm. We sure hope bras don’t become the new shoes (as in, you have to remove them to get through security). But, then again, we also hope shoe bombers don’t get any ideas. Just something to consider before pulling a Pam Anderson: the bigger the boobs, the bigger the underwire–and the likelihood you’ll get groped by airport security.

Delayed by her bra, air passenger is indignant [Chron]
Earlier: This Week’s Sign of the Apocalypse: Ray Dying in the Streets

Barney Molineaux said:

That may be some inspirational stuff. Certainly not knew that opinions may be this varied. Many for every single just one from the enthusiasm to provide you such extremely beneficial info in this content.

starting your down business said:

I Dont know if you will find the humor in this but I was searching for information on a research paper about TD Ameritrade and somehow from clicking through several links I stumbled here! The fact that I am commenting goes to show I will do anything to procrastinate!