Everyone loves the Open Computing Center. It’s got a public refrigerator, microwave, and toaster, clever decorative tastes, free web space, and a central, lower Sproul location. 250 pages of free printing a semester ain’t something that’s easy to turn down, either.

Unceremoniously evicted from their sweet Heller Lounge digs at the end of last semester, the OCF has had to pack their things and haul ass to the basement of Eshleman Hall. The computer lab was scheduled to open by the beginning of the semester. So what’s holding things up?

Apparently, construction’s stalled because the OCF are waiting on funds from the ASUC. They also discovered a leak under the flooring in the lounge of the Publication Center, so OCF volunteers — bless their souls — have been scrambling to get that fixed as well.

The target reopening date is still listed as mid to late September on the website. Godspeed, guys. You provide a top-notch public service, and we wish you the best of luck in hassling ASUC for funds.

Image Source: rexlibris under Creative Commons
Open Computing Center [OCF]

adfadsf said:

i love the OCF. i love them so much. especially the free printing. i’ve been holding off on printing things that would make life more convenient right now, just because i’m hoping they’ll open soon. if that is a picture of the new OCF place…woah! what an improvement!

Nayeli Cooper said:

You’ll notice there is luck about which one is the best. You don’t need to trade last semester. I, like a public refrigerator, worked last semester before I ever started into this.