After discovering the latest omen of the world’s coming demise, the Clog encourages Berkeley students to put down their books and enjoy their short-lived time on earth.

This week’s sign of the apocalypse isn’t really funny, so much as just really freaking weird. Last Wednesday at a “popular Outback Zoo,” (that’s the Outback in Australia–not the chain steakhouse) a 7-year-old boy hopped the reptile enclosure’s fence and proceeded to, basically, ritualistically murder three poor, innocent lizards.

His M.O.? Smashing them to death with rocks, then feeding them to a giant saltwater crocodile named “Terry.” Well, he fed him “the zoo’s beloved 20-year-old goanna,” but we’re not sure what happened to the other two victims. Then the boy chucked some live animals over the fence, which Terry also ate. Apparently 440-pound crocs need a lot of protein. And little Australian boys play too many violent video games. Or so that’s what the zoo’s director seemed to think after watching security footage of the incident.

Since the perpetrator is only seven, according to Australian law, his parents have to take the heat for what he’s done. But seriously, someone should get that kid some help. What say you, PETA? All we want to know is how a 7-year-old managed to catch, kill and/or throw over a tall fence into Terry’s clearly very hungry jaws 13 whole reptiles … all within a span of about 30 minutes. Horror movie, much?

Image Source: Aka under Creative Commons
Aussie boy breaks into zoo, feeds animals to croc [SF Chron]
Earlier: This Week’s Sign of the Apocalypse: It’s Stephen King, Except Hotter