Thinking about grad school, young grasshopper? We hope you’re ready for a test with such obscure words that even an English major bursts into tears. And, well, if you’re not, we do have a few tips for a free way to study for that behemoth test.

Expand Your Vocabulary
Play the definition game over at Free Rice and supposedly donate some rice to needy people. All that matters is that you know the meaning of lollygag.

Get Your Practice Sets Scored
Number 2 will whip you into shape and make you jump through math and verbal hoops. After taking each set (a total of eight), the site will rank you against the rest of their users and smack a percentile on your performance. Plus, the site will even send you encouraging e-mails to study up the wazoo.

Borrow Books
Hell, steal them from your older friend if you have to. Cozy up to someone who already has a book. Even libraries can be your friend with various test prep books on loan. Plus, you’ll be saving trees. Right?

Find a Community
The LJ community “So you wanna go to grad school?” will not only help you find people with like-minded crises, but you can also ask around for some GRE insight. Compare your scores, talk about the best prep books or ask around for other great online resources.

Here’s to a splendiferous performance on the GRE!

Image Source: half pint in nyc under Creative Commons
Earlier: Not Be Depressed

adfadsf said:

learning the math stuff is pretty easy (i’m part english major, part something else). the vocab did me in though, though my score was mediocre. but yeah, vocab is pretty much about memorizing jejune words you’ll never use in a real life conversation. ;)

ariel said:

anybody who needs extra math help should visit this blog: gmatgremath.blogspot.com, the GRE tutor there answers emailed questions and puts them on the blog. it’s a good source of free GRE prep material.

Danny Johnson said:
Jul 6, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I never really thought of that before

ellie said:
Aug 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I absolutely love the manner in which you have framed this particular situation and it does indeed supply me some fodder for thought. However, coming from everything that I have experienced, I basically hope as the reviews pile on that folks continue to be on point and in no way get started on a tirade of the news of the day. Anyway, thank you for this excellent piece and even though I do not agree with the idea in totality, I respect your point of view. Thank you, Christine Borden !

vnc vps said:

Hiya! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. Appreciate it!

TucsonFurnitB~ said:
Feb 21, 2012 at 12:23 pm

You actually make it seem really easy together with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really one thing that I think I’d by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very vast for me. I’m looking ahead in your subsequent publish, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

w32 blaster worm windows 7 said:

Thanks for the write up! Also, I noticed that your RSS feeds aren’t working. Could you take a look at that?

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognise what you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my site =). We could have a link change arrangement among us!

excellent publish, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite specialists of this sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!

Jeraldine Cabal said:

You might be a very persuasive writer. I can see this within your post. You might have a way of writing compelling data that sparks considerably interest. When visiting blogs, i normally discover a extremely very good content material like yours. Lis Pendens is a superbarticle which you may like as well. Check it out!

emu360v1.4.rar said:

It’s really a cool and useful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

w32 blaster worm windows 7 said:

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Doggy Facts said:

Cool post here.

pharo said:

Great information it is really. My friend has been seeking for this tips.