The San Francisco Bay Guardian released its endorsements earlier this week, and there are no surprises for the biggie propositions or for the presidential candidate. Peruse the arguments on the SFBG site if you need some fodder for your absentee vote or just need something to tide you over until the Daily Cal tells you how to vote. Keep in mind that we are no way endorsing these endorsements … but you can use them as a springboard.

President
* Barack Obama (duh)

California Ballot Measures
* Proposition 1A (high speed rail bond): an exuberant Yes
* Proposition 2 (farm animal protection): Yes
* Proposition 3 (children’s hospital bonds): No
* Proposition 4 (parental notification and wait period for abortion): a resounding No
* Proposition 5 (treatment instead of jail): Yes
* Proposition 6 (prison spending): a loud No
* Proposition 7 (renewable-energy generation): No
* Proposition 8 (ban on same-sex marriage): an absolute No
* Proposition 9 (restrictions on parole): another strong No
* Proposition 10 (alternative-fuel vehicles bond): No
* Proposition 11 (redistricting commission): No
* Proposition 12 (veterans bond act): Yes

The SFBG folks also weighed in on East Bay goings-on and congressional races. Don’t forget that Oct. 20 is the last day to register to vote in the state of California, and you know, it might behoove you to register with your Berkeley address.

Image Source: Poppyseed Bandits under Creative Commons
Endorsements 2008 [SFBG]

dumb adn dumber said:

I remember Innocent VIII who created and sold indulgences for manslaughter and murder, for a nice piece of change. It was like a Proposition 5 back then, no punishment just treatment — in this case linked to one’s own bank account.

Funny that the Church was paganistic, and northern European ( Protestant) pagans revolted against it. It just goes to show suppressing the correct form of religious, and might as well suppress your paganistic virtues.

Proposition 5 (treatment instead of jail): Yes –San Francisco Bay Guardian — actually some individual who has some control of the paper — and not the will of the people.

But who said Bay Area print corporations are pro Democracy?

Christine Borden said:

Oh, one thing: This is not to suggest that SFBG issued the first endorsements. In fact, there were earlier Bay Area endorsements from the SF Examiner, which actually riled up the liberal population with its endorsement of John McCain.

Idella Matot said:

I’m jealous. I are unable to get this many folks to remark on my weblog. What is your key? Possibly some beneficial Tips would support me out. Make sure you check out my site at: http://www.whazzub.com

ishonefor said:

Or do you hunt for presents to your dear friends, now, just choose our website to enjoy various headphones on hot sale here, you can own low-price but excellent headphones with unique design and wonderful melody here, and we will offer you free shipping and fast delivery!Cheap Monster Headphones

zhudiya said:

cheap jordans be called by a joint name that Jordan Brand Shoes, which are online sale jordans cheap. Always, the Cheap Jordans divided into Air Jordan series, Jordan Fusion series, Jordan Retro series and so on, they are much cheaper because they come from manufacuring factory directly, lowest pirce comes the lowest cost. Nowadays, online cheap jordans business are getting more and more popular, because online shopping stage will make purchasing more convenient and save much more money, also it is no doubt, will make you clear about the comparable prices easily just by searching, you know, so wonderful, cost no walking and carrying to purchase desirable Jordans Cheap!

Hi there, just turned into alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate when you proceed this in future. Numerous other folks can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!