Remember that big ol’ freaking fire on Angel Island earlier this week? Well, it turns out, we were lying when we claimed “We didn’t start the fire.” And when we say we, we mean the larger general “we” of humankind. Through process of elimination, the Marin County Fire Department deduced that the fire was most likely started by people. Human people, that is. And–rest assured–the Marin County Fire Department will find the ones responsible. The good news is, if there hadn’t been a fire on Angel Island, and we hadn’t read the article about its origin, we wouldn’t have learned all these cool new things.

Here are some things we learned from the SF Examiner’s article about the Angel Island fire:

*The Angel Island State Park Supervisor’s name is Dave Matthews.
*There are 120 historic structures on Angel Island, none of which were harmed in the fire. (Divine intervention, much? We always knew God loved the Civil War.)
*Angel Island is 740 acres.
*170,000-ish people visit Angel Island every year. We have never been one of them.
*The fire took only one victim. A raccoon. (Sad face!)

Well, that’s about all the time we have, folks. Just remember, next time you have a campfire, make sure it’s all the way out before you leave.

Image Source: Daily Cal, Victoria Chow
Angel Island blaze caused by people, officials say [SF Examiner] via SFist

F*ckin’ remarkable issues here. I’m very satisfied to see your post. Thank you so much and i’m looking ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?