Election Day is at hand, and the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Obviously, that provides the perfect opportunity for the Clog to liveblog the election results. Keep checking back throughout the day for updates on what’s the haps around the country with some stuff on the local goodies.

1:55 p.m. Something’s going down in downtown Philadelphia. Black panthers? Security forces at the polls? Wait, what? [YouTube]

2:11 p.m. Oh look at that! Google maps has a little thingy detailing Obama’s and McCain’s life journeys. Actually, that’s kinda creepy. [Google Maps]

3:53 p.m. OBAMA’S WINNING! (And by winning we mean he’s winning 67 percent of the vote in New Hampshire with one percent of precincts reporting. Yes, New Hampshire, with it’s total of four electoral votes.) [NY Times]

4:00 p.m. With three percent of precincts reporting, Indiana is slightly favoring Obama with 53.4 percent. Indiana will be an interesting state, as a McCain victory is reason to believe tonight will be closer than anyone anticipated. It also means the Clog won’t get to go home any time soon. [NY Times]

4:08 p.m. Obama hands McCain the metaphorical ball as the No. 2 nationally-ranked candidate takes Indiana with 50 percent going for McCain and 49 percent for Obama. [NY Times]

4:14 p.m. Drudge Report tells us the Democrats are seeing 58 seats in the Senate while exit polls say “OBAMA BIG.” Whatever that means. [Drudge Report]

4:16 p.m. Virginia’s reporting one percent of its precincts, with McCain taking 55.1 percent and Obama 44.1 percent. Earlier, Obama led by four points in the Virginia polls. [NY Times]

4:19 p.m. 39 percent of white voters in Virginia voted for Obama with 61 percent for McCain. Looks like McCain’s taking his slice of cake. On the other hand, Obama has Vermont. [MSNBC]

4:23 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE: NY Times reports 305,604 for Obama and 347,217 for McCain, while Drudge Report reports 156,977 for Obama and 169,082 for McCain.

4:29 p.m. MSNBC reports Obama has three electoral votes to McCain’s eight. The Clog would like to take this opportunity to remind you all to get your free scoop of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream while the offer lasts (for another half hour). [MSNBC]

4:31 p.m. Florida goes blue as Obama takes 47.9 percent and McCain takes 33.7. Could this be the beginning of the end? Probably not. [NY Times]

4:36 p.m. As North Carolina’s first numbers come in, Obama leads by a little over 100 people. [NY Times]

4:40 p.m. Back to Florida—with 2 percent reporting, Obama retains his lead with 56.7 percent. Are panda bears in Florida considered marsupials? [NY Times]

4:44 p.m. ABC projects McCain will take Kentucky and Obama will take Vermont. [ABC News]

4:47 p.m. NBC predicts McCain will take South Carolina. Sorry, no witty comments here. [NBC]

4:55 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE: Obama is ahead in the popular vote according to both Drudge Report and NY Times, by about 30,000.

4:57 p.m. Fox News calls West Virginia for McCain. No surprise there. [Fox News]

4:58 p.m. The Clog heard hearsay that someone somewhere called Indiana for McCain, but we can’t find any verification. What’s going on, guys!? Rut-roh!

5:00 p.m. CNN also projects a McCain victory in South Carolina. [CNN]

5:00 p.m. Pennsylvannia and Illinois go to Obama according to MSNBC television. Why is the internet so slow?

5:02 p.m. Crapload (read: ten) of states being called right now, with eight for Obama and two for McCain. [MSNBC]

5:05 p.m. Obama states that were called: Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, D.C and Illinois. McCain states: South Carolina, Tennessee, Oklahoma. [CNN]

5:07 p.m. ELECTORAL VOTE UPDATE: Projections by MSNBC say Obama has 103 to McCain’s 34, though CNN says Obama has 77 and the NY Times have yet to update.

5:10 p.m. NY Times—Texas and Ohio’s first counts go Obama-side. Will they continue to Barack the vote? Stay tuned to find out! [NY Times]

5:11 p.m. Apparently Obama likes to play some basketball during each election day. What a way to bring out the human element, CBS. [CBS]

5:14 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE: Obama retains his lead, with 6.9 million votes counted, 3.7 million of which went to Obama. [Drudge Report]

5:17 p.m. Battlefield: Florida. ABC reports that with 25 percent of precincts reporting, Obama still keeps his lead with 54 percent. [ABC]

5:19 p.m. ELECTORAL VOTE UPDATE: Fox News updates their electoral vote count, saying Obama takes 81 to McCain’s 39. [Fox News]

5:22 p.m. ABC and MSNBC have both given Pennsylvania to Obama. Reason to believe in a solid blue lead? Perhaps.

5:25 p.m. Break time. The Clog will be back in a bit, we just have to get some money for dinner. Even bloggers eat.

5:32 p.m. New Hampshire holds for Obama; all of New England goes blue, according to CNN. [CNN]

5:34 p.m. ABC, MSNBC agree with above update.

5:37 p.m. The battle for Florida tightens with 52 percent for Obama. Perhaps Obama’s earlier lead of 57 percent will be enough to hang on to Florida. [CNN]

5:39 p.m. ELECTORAL VOTE UPDATE: Fox says Obama has 103, McCain 45. NY Times, ever on the safe side, gives 22 to Obama and 8 to McCain.

5:40 p.m. CNN joins the Pennsylvanibama group. Looks like it’s definitely going to go blue. [CNN]

5:43 p.m. CONGRESS UPDATE: The NY Times reports the Dems have gained two seats in the Senate with no change for either in the House. [NY Times]

5:45 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE: Drudge Report reports Obama has 6.40 million to McCain’s 6.28 million. That’s, like, over 12 million votes counted so far! [Drudge Report]

5:45 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE PART DEUX: WE JUST UPDATED THE POPULAR VOTE: Almost everyone says McCain has the lead in the popular vote, but Obama’s still leading in electoral votes. Note that none of the big states have come in yet.

5:52 p.m. No updates on exit-poll data for California propositions. Check ABC7 for updates. [ABC7]

6:00 p.m. CNN says that California’s “Proposition 85″ (we think they meant Proposition 4?) went “No” with 99 percent of precincts reporting. Take it as you will. [CNN]

6:03 p.m. CNN reports that Alabama, North Dakota and Wyoming go red. [CNN]

6:08 p.m. ELECTORAL VOTE UPDATE: ABC reports 174 for Obama, 76 to McCain. NY Times says 47 for Obama, 8 for McCain. This is your brain on drugs. [ABC]

6:11 p.m. The Clog has to take a break to bug people coming out of the polls. Be back in a bit.

6:26 p.m. MSNBC reports Ohio goes Obama. People everywhere go crazy. [MSNBC]

6:40 p.m. Wisconsin, New Mexico go Obama according to MSNBC television.

6:44 p.m. Colorado is looking pro-Obama with 15 percent of the votes coming in. [ABC]

6:45 p.m. ELECTORAL VOTE UPDATE: MSNBC and ABC both report 200 votes for Obama, while ABC reports 124 for McCain and MSNBC, 90.

6:47 p.m. The Clog is calling this election as a win for Obama. According to a CNN chart, if McCain wins all the remaining swing states and a few of the slightly blue ones, his best hope would be to tie and force a congressional vote. (Hmm, sound familiar?) [The Clog]

6:54 p.m. CONGRESS UPDATE: The NY Times reports the Democrats have gained three seats in the Senate and one in the House. [NY Times]

6:58 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE: According to an obnoxiously large and awesome Drudge Report line, Obama has 300,000 more than McCain, who has 19.4 million votes. [Drudge Report]

7:01 p.m. CNN and MSNBC television report Utah goes for McCain and Iowa for Obama.

7:02 p.m. CNN reports Obama’s lead in Florida has jumped to three percent, up to 51 percent total to McCain’s 48 percent. [CNN]

7:06 p.m. ABC and CNN both give Minnesota to Obama.

7:09 p.m. MSNBC television calls Mississippi for McCain.

7:14 p.m. With 33 percent of national precincts reporting, CNN has given 207 electoral votes and 25.3 million popular votes to Obama, with 95 electoral votes and 24.5 million popular votes to McCain. [CNN]

7:22 p.m. CNN has a live feed of Chicago’s Grant Park, where supporters enthusiastically watch election results come in and wait for Sen. Obama to speak. [CNN]

Image Source: CNN.com Live

7:30 p.m. CONGRESS UPDATE: The NY Times reports the Democrats have gained a total of six seats with three in the Senate. [NY Times]

7:35 p.m. California polls close in 25 minutes, ABC7 has yet to report on anything about California. [ABC7]

7:38 p.m. CNN.com reports Obama has 51 percent of the vote to McCain’s 49 percent in both Virginia and Florida. [CNN]

7:41 p.m. POPULAR VOTE UPDATE: Drudge Report’s popular vote counter puts Obama at over one million more votes than McCain, who has about 27.2 million votes.

7:47 p.m. CONGRESS UPDATE: According to the NY Times, the Dems have won three more seats in the House since the previous update. No change in the Senate. [NY Times]

8:00 p.m. Barack Obama is declared the winner of the 2008 Presidential Election, with 284 electoral votes out of a needed 270 and more votes still coming in. [ABC]

8:04 p.m. With California polls closed, keep checking the Clog for updates on how propositions and local candidates have fared.

8:07 p.m. CNN.com Live is mere moments away from broadcasting Barack Obama’s first speech as the projected president-elect. [CNN]

8:31 p.m. John McCain just finished giving his concession speech. Many people boo whenever they hear “Biden” or “Obama.” Some dudes shout stuff out, but we can’t figure out what they said.

8:53 p.m. The Clog just witnessed at least one impromptu march by random students who gathered at Upper Sproul Plaza and marched to the courtyard of Unit 1, often disregarding traffic rules—to the delight of many honking drivers.

Image Source: Evante Garza-Licudine, courtesy of his crappy camera phone.

8:58 p.m. Obama appears at Grant Park in Chicago. Watch CNN.com Live for a live feed. [CNN]

9:18 p.m. Barack Obama finishes giving his acceptance speech at Chicago’s Grant Park, emphasizing the American ideal that its people can always change things for the better. He briefly spoke of Ann Nixon Cooper, noting all the change the United States has undergone during her 106 years. Earlier, Cooper cast her ballot for Barack Obama.

9:23 p.m. ABC7 reports the data from the Californian election.

To note: Proposition 1A, regarding a high-speed rail system connecting San Francisco to Los Angeles, is losing 52 percent to 48 percent with six percent of state precincts reporting.

Proposition 2, concerning caged-animals’ rights to turn around freely, is passing 61 percent yes to 39 percent no.

Proposition 4, about notifying a minor’s parents 48 hours prior to said minor obtaining an abortion, is in a dead heat with 50 percent yes, 50 percent no.

Proposition 8, which would ban gay marriage in the state, is passing with 55 percent.

9:48 p.m. A large crowd gathers on Bancroft Way and Telegraph Avenue, near Eshelman Hall.

Image Source: Evante Garza-Licudine

10:00 p.m. With 17 percent of Californian precincts reporting their results, ABC says—since the last Clog update—Proposition 1A is now losing with 51 percent of votes saying no, Proposition 2 is now winning with 62 percent of votes saying yes, Proposition 4 is now losing with 51 percent of voters saying no, while Proposition 8 is now losing with 46 percent of voters saying no and 54 percent saying yes.

10:08 p.m. The Clog notes that John McCain accepts full responsibility for his campaign’s failure, shifting blame away from his audience. Barack Obama rejects credit for his victory, telling his audience the win was theirs. That doesn’t sound like the financial crisis at all! What’s going on here?

11:00 p.m. With 35 percent of precincts reporting, Proposition 1A is passing with 51 percent of the vote. Proposition 2 will likely pass, with 62 percent voting for it. Proposition 4 has also switched to a majority no vote, with 52 percent. The general trend of Proposition 8 has not changed, with 53 percent voting to pass it.

11:06 p.m. The Clog hasn’t been able to find out about third party candidates for President. Possibly because not all the votes have been counted?

11:08 p.m. CONGRESS UPDATE: NY Times has updated their site, saying the Dems have managed a net gain of 18 seats in Congress, with five coming in the Senate. [NY Times]

12:10 a.m. As we head into the wee hours of Nov. 5, we’d like to point out the irony in the fact that people have been in the streets of Berkeley waving flags, singing the “Star Spangled Banner” and generally celebrating good ol’ America for several hours. We’d also like to severely lament the fact that Prop 8 is passing with 53 percent and 46 percent of precincts counted. Boo. [Daily Cal]

12:30 a.m. Guess how many people have voted for Ralph Nader in Alameda County! OK, fine, we’ll tell you: 3,329. SFGate‘s got specific counts for each candidate. (Thanks, Christine.)

12:50 a.m. It’s looking like more of Mayor Tom Bates for Berkeley. Right now, with about 78 percent of the precincts counted, Mayor Bates has garnered 61.46 percent of votes and Shirley Dean has earned 35.64 percent. Now, of the 2.9 percent of votes that went to a write-in candidate, we wonder how many were for Zachary RunningWolf … [Alameda County Official Web Site]

1:10 a.m. Well, kids, the Clog has to sleep eventually, and now seemed like a good time to close up shop.  Look for the results on local measures and full stories on everything else in today’s special Wednesday issue of the Daily Cal. We’ll be live-hawking in about 6 hours. So, um, make it worth our while to get out of bed before noon. Thanks.

1:49 a.m. In a bizarre twist for the worst, the Clog has decided to keep up the liveblog for a little longer. The sureness of Propositions 1A, 2, 4 and 8 has become more … sure. By now, 72 percent of precincts report: 52 percent are voting yes on 1A (high-speed rail), 61 percent are voting yes on 2 (animal rights), 52 percent are voting no on 4 (abortion), and 52 percent are voting yes on 8 (marriage). [ABC]

1:55 a.m. The liveblog has gone on for a half day. That means it’s time for analysis: Reuters begins a piece with an emphasis of minority history in America, commenting on the surprising amount of white supports Obama garnered during the primaries.

2:03 a.m. Analysis continued: A NY Times piece interprets the election results as a nationwide rejection of “a historically unpopular Republican president,” leading into Obama’s oft-quoted message of change for the country. [NY Times]

2:10 a.m. Oh look at that! Indiana, originally meant to be one of the first states called, finally came in at some point between now and … maybe four hours ago. Yes, it went blue. [NY Times]

2:15 a.m. Did we mention we saw Zachary RunningWolf at the corner of Bancroft Way and Telegraph Avenue during the impromptu Obamamarch? We caught him smiling, but we’re not sure exactly why he was. Unfortunately we didn’t see him waving giant American flags on the tops of cars.

2:20 a.m. For those who didn’t catch this Sunday’s Treehouse of Horror special for The Simpsons, it has a pretty good intro about Election Day and electronic voting machines. Check it out. [Hulu]

2:32 a.m. The little sidebar on Google News gives a (final?) electoral count of 349 votes for Obama and 147 for McCain, while more reserved sources give Obama a count as low as (snicker) 338.

2:36 a.m. CONGRESS UPDATE: The Chron has a sidebar that shows Democrats gaining 5 seats in the Senate and 21 in the House of Representatives. [Chron]

2:46 a.m. The Onion has updated their main page with a whole heap of comedic gold. [The Onion]

2:49 a.m. The Chron reports on SF’s propositions, which could possibly be zanier than our own. Proposition K, an attempt to legalize prostitution, was soundly defeated with 57.6 percent of voters voting no. Proposition R, which would have renamed a sewage plant in honor of President George Bush, was also soundly defeated with a 69.1 percent “no” vote. 100 percent of precincts have reported their results. [Chron]

2:54 a.m. THIRD PARTY-CANDIDATE UPDATE: Again, going through SF Gate has uncovered the election returns with 86 percent of California precincts reporting: In 1st place is Ralph Nader, with a whopping 0.8 percent. In a distant second is Bob Barr with half a percentage point. Third and fourth go to Alan Keyes and Cynthia McKinney respectively, each with about 0.3 percent of the vote.

3:33 a.m. The Clog heard that the Arts and Entertainment blog of the Daily Cal will be posting a “Top 10″ list of songs to celebrate Barack Obama’s victory. Check it out: Top 10 … Songs to Celebrate Barack Obama’s Victory

4:03 a.m. With 89 percent of California precincts reporting, Proposition 1A is still too close to call, 2 is a definite yes, 4 is too close to call, and 8 too is too close to call.

4:20 a.m. Berkeley’s own Measure JJ was passed; 100 percent of precincts reporting that 62.3 percent voting for it. (JJ is about fewer restrictions on growing marijuana) [Alameda County]

4:49 a.m. Leaders the world over chip in their two cents on Obama’s victory. [Breitbart]

5:03 a.m. Welp, we finally have over 90 percent of California precincts reporting. What’s gonna be the outcome? Hmm, let’s add up all the factors: 1A, 4 and 8 are still too close to call. Nothing has changed. At all. The Clog wonders if they’ll be called when 100 percent have reported. BOO THIS MAN.

5:24 a.m. Apparently our friends across the sea have been watching our country so much they’re forgetting about their own. An October Gallup poll found that 80 percent of Brits said our presidential race would affect them in some way. [MSNBC]

5:41 a.m. What about Sarah Palin? Newsweek suggests Palin is the GOP’s best shot at returning to the White House in 2012, and offers a few tips for her like: Make friends with your friends. Broaden your base. [Newsweek]

5:45 a.m. Check out today’s Doonesbury comic. The piece was cause for discussion earlier in the week as it had already been written assuming Obama would win the presidency. [LA Times]

5:49 a.m. The Clog just discovered Google Labs’ nifty quote-o-meter, where you can select certain topics and see what Obama and McCain have said about them. [Google Labs]

5:54 a.m. The BBC managed to talk to a bunch of celebrities to offer their thoughts on the election. Quoth rap mogul Diddy (as in P), “I felt like my vote was the vote that put him into office. It was down to one vote, and that was going to be my vote.” [BBC]

6:30 a.m. The International Herald Tribune posts about the ginormous, hugantic set of problems Obama’s inheriting as he goes into the White House, with the biggest arguably being the US’s reputation with the rest of the world. [IHT]

6:39 a.m. CNN reports there were massive demonstrations outside the White House a few hours ago, with Secret Service officers saying they’d never seen anything like it. We’ve never seen anything like it! [CNN]

6:53 a.m. The NY Daily News reports that Obama might have his chief of staff publicly declared by the end of the week with a name for the treasury secretary shortly thereafter. [NY Daily News]

7:14 a.m. McCain—doomed to lose? ABC ran a piece on why McCain lost as much as he did, concluding it was due to a series of blunders he never quite recovered from—including choice of VP. [ABC]

7:30 a.m. California still hasn’t counted all of its votes, with five percent of precincts having yet to report their numbers. What, did they do something like sleep last night? Who does that? [SF Gate]

9:00 a.m. OK, so sometimes people sleep. Maybe we were wrong about that. On the other hand, the rest of the state’s five percent of yet-to-be-counted votes have not come in. SF Gate has still not updated the final results of the state’s propositions.

9:13 a.m. President Bush called Obama’s victory ”a testament to hard work, optimism and a faith in the enduring promise of our nation.” Likewise, Condeleezza Rice has said the election result is “an extraordinary step forward.” [CNN]

9:28 a.m. “Mr. President, please save the world.” Reuters has a “Postcards to the President” section, taking quotes from Joe Sixpacks around the globe concerning what they’d like Barack Obama to know. [Reuters]

9:33 a.m. It looks like not even Barack Obama’s election can halt the force of a failing economy, according to Reuters. The Dow Jones industrial average, Standard and Poor 500 Index, and Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 1.18 percent, 1.03 percent and 1.31 percent respectively. [Reuters]

9:45 a.m. CNN has an interview with former Secretary of State Colin Powell capturing his reaction to yesterday’s big news. Earlier in the year, Powell endorsed Barack Obama over fellow Republican John McCain. [CNN]

9:48 a.m. If any of you missed John McCain’s concession speech, the Clog has found a slideshow with audio content from his speech. [CNN]

9:53 a.m. Don’t expect an Obama press conference today, as CNN reports Barack Obama will spend the day after the election worrying about his transmission team. Word on the street is that Obama’s considering Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel as his White House chief of staff. [CNN]

10:04 a.m. Sometime earlier today, CBS called the fight over Proposition 8 “still undecided.” Currently, 96 percent of California precincts are reporting their results with a 52 percent trend in voting to pass Proposition 8, though SF Gate has called the results in favor of 8′s passage as of 9:40 a.m. today.

10:12 a.m. Checking SF Gate, the only propositions not decided either way are Proposition 1A, about a high-speed rail system, Proposition 4, dealing with minors’ abortions, and Proposition 11, concerning redistricting. [SF Gate]

10:19 a.m. The Daily Cal’s election issue is being distributed as of this moment, a special exception the whole Wednesday publication dealy. Check it out, it’s all spiffy and full of good content. [Daily Cal]

10:22 a.m. Speaking of the election issue, here’s an update on how local candidates fared. Tom Bates won 61.6 percent of the vote to Shirley Dean’s 35.5 percent, keeping Bates as Berkeley’s mayor. For the Berkeley Unified School District Board, Beatriz Leyva-Cutler gathered 37.5 percent, John T. Selawsky earned 30.8 percent, Priscilla Myrick won 19.0 percent, and Toya L. Groves received 12.7 percent.

Regarding City Council: Darryl Moore gains 81.8 percent of the vote and Jon Crowder receives 17.0 percent for District 2. District 3 goes to Max Anderson with 96.2 percent. District 4 has Jesse Arreguin with 49.5 percent, Terry Doran with 36.1 percent, and Asa Dodsworth and LA Wood with 6.1 percent and 5.9 percent, respectively.

District 5: 52.9 percent of the vote goes to Laurie Capitelli and 47.0 percent to Sophie Hahn. District 6: 76.6 percent to Susan Wengraf and 23.0 percent to Phoebe Anne Sorgen.

About 41,000 Berkeley voters came out to the polls.

10:50 a.m. The government of Tanzania officially congratulated Barack Obama earlier today while some Tanzanians feel the outcome of the US election won’t affect them at all. [DailyNews]

11:11 a.m. Voice of America reports that a significant portion of the Arab world welcomes Obama’s victory. Al-Jazeera television in particular has had commenters who are very pleased with what happened yesterday, though regions in the Gulf and Lebanon have been less than enthused. [Voice of America]

11:25 a.m. CNN reports the race in Minnesota between Sen. Norm Coleman and comedian Al Franken will likely require a recount. Out of 2.4 million votes, the senator holds a lead of about 700, which is like … a gazillionth of a percent. [CNN]

11:40 a.m. CNN has a video with Jesse Jackson’s reaction to Obama’s victory last night. [CNN]

12:11 p.m. Looks like Sarah Palin won’t go for a GOP nomination in the 2012 presidential race, according to CNN. That is, she said she can’t imagine running in 2012. She also denied McCain lost the race because of her, referring to herself in the third person. [CNN]

12:21 p.m. SF Gate has just updated their page for data coming in from California precincts.  Propositions 1A and 4 remain undecided with 97 percent of precincts reporting. [SF Gate]

12:40 p.m. Kenya’s parties are way more hardcore than Berkeley’s. President Mwai Kibaki just declared Thursday a public holiday, allowing drunken revelry for way longer than that mob on the corner of Telegraph Avenue and Bancroft Way spent climbing on random street poles. [Washington Post]

2:22 p.m. According to the Chron, Barack Obama has officially selected Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel as his administration’s chief of staff. Emanuel has not yet accepted or rejected the president-elect’s offer. [Chron]

2:24 p.m. With 99 percent of California precincts reporting, SF Gate has only left Proposition 11 as undecided. Proposition 1A passed and Proposition 4 did not.

2:27 p.m. With 100 percent of North Carolina’s votes coming in, the Clog projects it will go for Obama, leaving the projected electoral vote count unchanged from the actual. Likewise, Missouri’s votes will go to McCain. [CNN]

2:28 p.m. With the liveblog having taken a little over a day, the Clog’s going to have to call it quits. Here’s a brief recap of Election Day 2008:

*Barack Obama won the presidency with 349 electoral votes out of a needed 270.

*In jubilation, massive crowds spontaneously formed around the UC Berkeley campus and celebrated for hours.

*Berkeley mayor Tom Bates retains his position as mayor of Berkeley.

*Propositions 1A, 2 and 8 have passed, which deal with a high-speed rail system, animal rights and gay marriage, respectively. Proposition 4 did not pass, which addressed minors’ abortion rights.

*The Democrats gained a total of 24 seats in Congress, five of which came from the Senate.

*Most of the world is at the least satisfied with the outcome of the election; President-elect Obama will probably not hold a press conference today, instead choosing to focus on his future administration.

Posted in: News
Tags:,
Comments (8)
Print This Post Print This Post

Barry said:

Obama-Biden 08!

yaman said:

do you all have any sources for exit poll data on california propositions?

adfadsf said:

Precincts reporting is only at 22% for prop 8. I wouldn’t worry too much about it yet until it gets past 40-50%.

adfadsf said:

lol ^ i just noticed, the clog needs to set it’s clock back one hour. it was 10:11pm, not 11:11pm…

adfadsf said:

State Prop 8 – Same-Sex Marriage Ban

22% reporting:
Yes1,970,037 54%
No1,693,492 46%

25% reporting:
Yes 2,047,431 53%
No 1,808,244 47%

28% reporting:
Yes1,996,918 52%
No1,810,938 48%

Lets hope all the conservative places have been reported already.

adfadsf said:

ok nevermind…start worrying.

33%
Yes 2,299,220 53.0%
No 2,041,458 47.0%

I notice when they hit ~ the 2,400,000 mark, the abc website declares a winner.

Monica said:

How did third party candidates do?
And thanks for keeping me updated on prop 2!

Christine Borden said:
Nov 5, 2008 at 12:43 am

Evante, there is some information on SF Gate that pertains to third-party candidates. There are also more numbers on the state elections and propositions.