Dear Crossroads,

It does not snow in Berkeley. Especially not indoors. Please stop trying to get our hopes up, just so you can strike them violently down onto the food-splattered linoleum floor of disappointment when we walk in and the salad bar does not, in fact, have icicles glinting from its eaves and the ground is not at all covered in a delicately shimmering layer of fresh powder and the air smells nothing like evergreen. It is deceptive and mean.

The Daily Clog.

Image Source: Jill Cowan

Comments:
Mother Teresa said:
Dec 3, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Awww, show them some sympathy. I bet it took a lot of effort (and talent) to decorate the windows like that.

adfadsf said:
Dec 4, 2008 at 2:50 am

i like the windows. they aren’t plastered with cheasy reindeer/santas/elves/christmas icons. it’s a nice scenery picture, and who ever painted it did a great job as well.

anna said:
Dec 4, 2008 at 2:55 am

I couldn’t tell where the correct door was to enter the dining hall and definitely reached for a non-existant handle now that the windows are painted.
Forget snow, why won’t it rain.

Panda said:
Dec 4, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Anna, if you couldn’t tell what door handle to use, maybe you just need to get smarter and stop complaining.

anna said:
Dec 4, 2008 at 3:20 pm

I’m not complaining I’m just pointing out a momentary lapse in perception that’s a direct result of painted windows. You silly blog commentors and your constant need to make everyone else feel bad.

adfadsf said:
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:41 pm

^ I made that mistake too, in terms of having to stop and look for where the handle was, because for a moment there the door seemed almost camouflaged among all the paint. oh, you tricky tricky deceptive doors, you.

i thought it was kinda fun though.

simpleton said:
Dec 4, 2008 at 11:22 pm

winterfest is coming up. they’re just building up to it.if you read their signs you would know.

i personally think they did a splendid job. while i was looking for that door handle, i was able to appreciate a little icy bliss before heading over to new york myself.

bears said:
Dec 5, 2008 at 12:10 am

I think it’s just awesome! I love how they always take the time to make our drabby student lives feel so much more spirited :) . yay window paintings and xr decorating! well appreciated!

Nick said:
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Please please please figure out how to resize your photos before posting them! This is getting ridiculous.