In case you’re unfamiliar with the TV sitcom series “The Big Bang Theory” (and we’re guessing you are) it’s about the relationship between two socially awkward physicists working at CalTech and their ditzy blonde neighbor. Basically, a sitcom version of Beauty and the Geek.

Apparently, our very own physics professor, George Smoot, wrote to the producers of the show and requested to be featured on an episode. Smoot won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1996 2006 for his work on cosmic microwave background radiation. He’s basically the man responsible for cementing the Big Bang Theory.

In the episode, Smoot plays himself, a god to the stars of the show, who travel up to SF to hear him speak. Smoot claims that he’s a fan of the show, since it’s about his life of work (and we’re guessing the only show to be, ever).

Editor’s Note: Post updated for accuracy.

The Big Bang Theory – Doctor George Smoot [YouTube]

George Smoot said:

Uhhh, I won the Nobel Prize in 2006.

Don’t you guys remember the 2006 Oregon-Cal football game, when QB Nate Longshore held my hand to cheers of Nobel Prize! Nobel Prize!

http://calgoldenbearfootball.blogspot.com/2006/11/los-angeles-times-man-on-mission.html

Evante Garza-Licudine said:

Thanks for the correction, doc. The post has been edited accordingly.

Simone Poling said:

Incredible! Thank you for doing this! I LOVE “The Big Bang Theory” as well, and have recently written to them to begin including camios of the incredible theoretical physicists along the East Coast into their shows!!!
I can’t wait to see the upcoming episode.

Not said:

Love “The Big Bang Theory”!

Scrapebox Blasts said:

How would you like to Rank no. 1 for ALL Of your major key words? Visit http: //backlinkify. com today!

Caltech Physics, Physics University, University Science, Cali Science Uni, Best Physics University said:

Good day very cool site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?I am happy to seek out numerous useful info here in the put up, we’d like work out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .