I can haz question, Chanselur?On the one hand, Tuesday’s scheduled discussion between university staff and administrative higher-ups on the “ongoing campus budget situation”–that’s what the kids are calling it these days–could be truly productive in generating fresh solutions to the day’s problems and encouraging future transparency throughout the various levels of UC financial policy-making.

On the other hand, of course, this “town hall meeting” could be just an opportunity for the administration to make vague generalizations about how everyone will have to sacrifice in this difficult time, and for things to devolve into a rather tense game of responsibility hot potato. Best case scenario, mild to moderate indignant yelling will ensue.  Worst case scenario, it’s really really boring.

According to the release on the NewsCenter’s new “Budget Central,” Berkeley employees can snag their tickets as early as 11:30 a.m. on March 24 to make sure they get their spot among the lucky 700 who will sit in Wheeler Auditorium from noon to 1 p.m. later that day.

Since we are neither employees of UC Berkeley, nor are we Chancellor Birgeneau, we suppose we’ll just have to find out what happens via live webcast.  Because it is obviously going to be that compelling.

Image Source: jon_a_ross under Creative Commons
Budget: Town hall meeting with Chancellor Birgeneau [Events Calendar]
Budget Central [NewsCenter]
Chancellor’s Town Hall Meeting for Staff [Live Webcast]