Brian Regan: I Walked on the Moon trailer

Now that ASUC Senator John Moghtader has been recalled, he’s ready to get even. He still retains his seat, and Judicial Council proceedings wait on his release of the Eshleman fight video. But pal Yoni Weinberg decided to share another kind of video with the Clog.

Despite the hideous laugh track and clips from “Weekend Update,” Moghtader is right in his claim that the Daily Cal said students should hold CalSERVE accountable. Care for a rebuttal, CalSERVE?

Really, though, Moghtader lost his charm when he dropped from SQUELCH! A year ago, he actually made us laugh, sans canned tracks. Now, things aren’t so funny (unless this is a long-brewing SQUELCH! conspiracy to reveal that yes, our student government is, in fact, a joke. In that case, well done all).

Bottom line? We’d much rather see the video of the Eshleman debacle, but it turns out he’s saving that for a libel case against student Dina Omar. Boo.

REALLY?!? $25,000?!? Vote for NOT CalSERVE! [YouTube]
Council to Continue Hearing Of Recall [Daily Cal]
Earlier: SQUELCH! Delivers a Hard Promise

I said:

If we need to spend $25,000 on a recall against a senator whose views contradict our own. THEN SO BE IT.

SCREW transparency
SCREW student fees
SCREW the students who don’t vote for us. We will win anyway . .. .

jon said:

If John really cared about the ASUC he’d step down and save $25,000 for his government, regardless of his guilt.

guy said:

if the asuc cared about john, they wouldn’t let an innocent man get falsely accused of something and then punished for it, with no regard for justice.

-_- said:

really?!

To Guy said:

lol, the asuc caring about a student.

informed student said:

check out this video of john moghtader acting disgracefully: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNkFwb4MS6Q

do you really trust this guy?

and clog, please moderate the childish prejudice in these comments. just because kifah is muslim doesn’t mean she’s a terrorist. but, that goes to show the kind of people who support moghtader and student action. thanks guys, but when elections come around, people will see through your deception.

haha said:

Ha, Kifah is a terrorist because she is part of SJP, which refuses to reject terrorism against Israelis and has even voiced support for Hamas (which openly engages in terrorism).

NOT because she’s muslim

informed student said:

riiiiiiiight. it’s not prejudice of any sort! you just so happen to perpetuate a stereotype commonly associated with muslims on a purely coincidental basis, right? i can’t believe berkeley students can be so ignorant. it’s ok, you can vote for student action or squelch.

Beetle said:

The previous comment was not prejudicial at all.

Brock Keeling said:

take off your tops.

Jill Cowan said:

@Brock Keeling LOLz.

guest said:

SJP doesn’t voice support for Hamas, and recognizes “the right of all civilians, including Palestinians and Israelis, not to be the targets of violence”.

http://calsjp.org/about/

me said:

OMG, I really hate looking at his face and hearing him talk. Manipulative lying SOB. i seriously hate this person.

student said:

You have a video which exonerates you and you still allow the recall to continue, costing students $25k? And now you blame others in this snide video knowing full well that you could have stopped this on day one?

REALLY?

Wow Christine said:

really? thought you knew better… sucks you don’t.

hahahha said:

too bad john’s the one who hacked into roxanne’s computer to get those leaked emails… you all have such integrity, we should believe you!! ya, ask zach williams, daily cal reporter about how john did that.

also, “wasting money and blaming innocent people”sounds like something you did, john. stop trying to deceive people. whatever, it’ll come back to you… oh wait, it did!!! 72% of the student population voting in the recall said your ass needs to be out. and no, that wasn’t low voter turn out, considering the fact that the elections council couldn’t send out a campus-wide email about it, and it still got half the voter turn out that spring elections do with such little publicity shows that… well, you suck!

really assholes? really?!

UCB Mech E said:

John needs to corrupt his LOLs to make some epic lulz.

Sam Klingon said:
Jul 17, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Thanks for the post, I needed to kill some time today.