img_1906

“Wiener” puns abounded at Golden Gate Fields in West Berkeley this afternoon, where enthusiasts of adorable animals engaging in comically inappropriate activities gathered for the Bay Area’s first ever Dachshund Derby.  Dozens of dachshunds participated in a series of races.  We would report the wiener winners, but we’re pretty sure people were too busy cooing, melting amidst almost unbearable degrees of preciousness, or drunkenly yelling things like “don’t stroke your wiener too hard before the race!” to actually keep track.

Beginning at noon, fans enjoyed a full eight heats of dachshund trotting, culminating in a final “championship” heat.  Between rounds of the main attraction, there were actual horse races (Golden Gate Fields is a horse racing track, after all), which served as an ideal opportunity for the dachshund-oriented crowd to wander off, observe disinterestedly, or lose money.  The event was modeled after an annual dachshund derby in Franklin, Indiana, which people apparently take really seriously.  The Clog sends its sympathy to the contestants; those short, stubby legs were not built for speed.

Image Source: Alex Bigman Pok?mon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew video

Dont Look Back psp

Nick said:

What proof do you have for your claim that this was the Bay Area’s first ever Dachshund Derby?

panda said:

lol. yea, where’s your proof? You better get your facts straight about Dachshund Derbys or the Daschund Derby Association is gonna fine you.

I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my website :)

Jennifer said:

This is a comment to the webmaster. I discovered your “The Daily Clog » Release Your Wieners!” page via Google but it was difficult to find as you were not on the front page of search results. I see you could have more visitors because there are not many comments on your site yet. I have found a website which offers to dramatically increase your rankings and traffic to your website: http://aerotraffic.com/web-traffic/. I managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services, you could also get lot more targeted visitors than you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) Take care.