3478685329_5774ee9047Disclaimer: All ye gullible college students, do not take the PSA at right seriously. Or, do. If beer pong doesn’t exacerbate the dreaded herp then we seriously doubt it’s going to spread swine flu.

Which doesn’t mean the potential pandemic shouldn’t be taken at least sort of kind of seriously. Thus far at least 149 people in Mexico have died of suspected swine flu (only 20 confirmed); cases have also sprung up in several states this side of the border, including California; and a few have been reported in various other countries across the globe.

However, according to Dr. Tomas Aragon of UC Berkeley’s Center for Infectious Disease and Emergency Readiness (not the catchiest title, is it?), we have a ways to go before the outbreak reaches pandemic status. And that’s all very well and good, although the Clog has noticed a rather irritating trend in the eruption of freaked-out articles that are currently infesting our interwebs: plenty of hooplah about people dying, but not too much info about the symptoms. The more research we do, the more it sounds suspiciously like the common cold.

Not helpful. If we’re going to keel over of piggy illness at any moment, we’d like to at least know it’s coming.

Image Source: Fugue The King of Marvin Gardens dvd

Striptease hd

Each Dawn I Die under Creative Commons

Birdman of Alcatraz full

Developments on swine flu worldwide [SFGate]
Ways to go before outbreak becomes a pandemic [SFGate]

faedx said:

Center for Infectious Disease and Emergency Readiness = CIDER

That’s pretty catchy if you ask me.

I think other web site proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and fantastic user genial style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!

Starr Nolte said:

Thanks for this post, I am a big fan of this site would like to keep updated.