Bay Area National Dance Week may have officially kicked off last Friday, but you can still boogie on down to free events and classes all the way until May 3 (which is Sunday, in case you didn’t catch that from the title). Here’s a schmattering of the schtuff that’ll be taking place in Berkeley

:

*The Mahea Uchiyama Center for International Dance is offering introductory classes in Balinese dance, Middle Eastern dance, and Persian and Central Asian dance Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa ipod

Jack & Sarah dvd

this evening at various times.

*The Berkeley Ballet Theater will also be hosting free classes today (and on Thursday) at various times.

*Learn to Brazilian dance-fight at beginning Capoeira classes

Top Secret! buy

on Wednesday and Friday, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Brazilian Cultural Center.

*Huh? “Students will learn dance moves and phrases from ‘The Bella Deluxe Mystery School of Feminine Wiles and Wisdom

Devil’s Knight dvd

‘ dance project. With this vocabulary, we will employ developmental improvisation techniques, to create short performance scores.” 7-9 p.m. on Thursday at the Shawl-Anderson Dance Center.

*Try out the  Cuban Rumba, more Brazilian Capoeira (man, typing that never gets old), or good ol’ American Hip Hop at the World Dance Center’s “Moving Through the African Diaspora” on Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m.

*”Connect with your emotions” at Biodanza on Saturday from 7 to 9 p.m.

*Get your “family-friendly freestyle dance” on at Ashkenaz’s Soul Sanctuary Dance on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

And that’s all just in Berkeley.  There’re introductions to Maori fire dancing, trapeze classes and, of course, a ton of other new age-y events going on in Oakland and San Francisco.

Keep on Dancing [YouTube]
Free Events [Bay Area National Dance Week],via SFist
Earlier:Way to Go, Nor Cal: Yay Area Stakes Out Own Dance Week

xrumer ricar gbook mod said:

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but soon after checking through some with the post I realized it is new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!