art-gallery

If you haven’t yet perused the Alphonse Berber Gallery on Bancroft Way (you know, the one that replaced that boba place or whatever), now’s the time. While we wouldn’t want to meet anybody with last names like those either, the place is free, a manageable size and conveniently located on the edge of campus. Last night the folks at AB teamed up with some UC Berkeley graduate students to showcase the exhibit “Sex and Sustainability.” Wasn’t exactly what we imagined, but still pretty stimulating Red Rock West trailer .

Furthering the UC Berkeley tradition of sucking the fun out of things, the exhibition deals with the problematic relationship between population growth and development in third world countries, the degradation and entrapment of women in particular. The 14-piece exhibition was put on by the Sierra Club and the graduate student group Bixby Youth in Action, a subset of the Bixby Center, which UC Berkeley public health professor Malcolm Potts chairs.

The Alphonse Berber gallery is open daily from noon to 7 p.m. Also, keep an eye out for the Bixby-sponsored fall 2009 DE-Cal on women’s health and sustainability. No doubt, we’ll be frantically and obsessively checking the DE-Cal Website from here on out.

Image Source: Yukon White Light under Creative Commons.
Wolf psp

‘Sex and Sustainability’ Event Mixes Art and Development [Daily Cal

Hydra psp

Johnny Got His Gun movie download

]