.!.

pimpRemember when Beetle said he was done blogging Berkeley last year? Remember when he “temporarily reopened Death Wish II move

because you suck”? Well, he just announced that he’s retiring for good this time and that yesterday’s post

Cat People trailer Sleepwalkers will be his last. In it, he comes down pretty hard on … well, humanity in general, according to the comments–though we have a sneaking suspicion that much of the post was actually directed at a certain student government we all know and love (er, love to hate, but who’s counting?).

Accordingly, he ended on a bit of a sour note:

“All in all, I’ve been very disappointed in you people. Your cowardice, your obsessions, your bigotry, your arrogance… what the hell is wrong with you?”

We suppose we can’t exactly blame him, given all of this year’s ASUC hooplah, and–to be completely honest–we’re not totally sure we believe that this’ll be the last we hear from Beetle, anyhow. We mean, Beetle Beat’s tagline at the moment is “Nap Time!!!” for God’s sake. Who doesn’t expect to wake up from a nap? No one, that’s who.

In any case, for what it’s worth, the Clog is bustin’ out the pimp cup again in your honor, Beetle. It’s been real, and you’ll be missed–if you’re really gone, that is …

Retiring for realz this time [Beetle Beat]
Earlier: Beetle Has Left the Building