.!.

Oh, see the FRUIT!

Ah, a classic tale of westward expansion.  Once there was a grocery store. Nay, it wasn’t merely a grocery store. It was a veritable produce orgy. It was an Eden of obscure comestibles, packed side by side into aisles upon upon aisles of deliciousness.  It seemed to be a foodie’s paradise on Earth–and all right here in Berkeley on Oregon Street.

But this promise land–this bastion of food purity, this oasis of organic in a world rapidly transforming into a desert of Safeways and Albertson’s–soon became a battle ground. The parking lot was a Prius jousting arena, the once-peaceful aisles harbored fugitives of the increasingly strict fruit-groping law and Slow Food proponents were all too quick to turn their carts on one another. Things had to change.

And so a plan was born. In the tradition of all great empires, Berkeley Bowl has conquered more land and–after fending off the attacks of neighboring citizens–will be opening a second location a bit west of San Pablo Avenue on June 4. It will be called “Berkeley Bowl West.” Upon hearing the news of their imminent journey, kumquats and Easter Egg radishes rejoiced with cries of  “Westward, ho!” as organic haricots verts do-si-do’d with pomelos in anticipation. And all was, again, right in the world.

Image Source: nautical2k under Creative Commons
Berkeley Bowl West Opening June 4th Despite Neighbors’ Protest [SFist]

I have recently started a website, the information you offer on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

This will be a terrific website, could you be involved in doing an interview regarding how you developed it? If so e-mail me!

insectes comestibles, alcool scorpion, vin scorpion, insectes, entomophagie, cliquez ici, détail, fleurs comestibles, sirop de fleurs said:

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have bear in mind your stuff prior to and you are just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you’ve received here, certainly like what you are stating and the best way through which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it wise. I can’t wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a tremendous website.